Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

When do you stop going to the bathroom with the door open or bathing with your kids?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:11 AM
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this

I leave the door open when I use the bathroom, and I sometimes bathe with my kids (ages 2 & 4).  Do you have an age in mind for when kids are too old to still be able to do that?  What do you do?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xcitedfuture22
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:28 AM
4 moms liked this
Hmmm my ds is 3 so usually we bathe together. When he starts questioning what body parts are and wanting to touch is when it ends. So far I dump toys in with us so he stays pretty distracted. As for the bathroom, I didnt know closing was an option. Lol. Where can I buy a door that does that?
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I have always closed the door when going to the bathroom and I have never bathed with my kids.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never bathed with my kids on a regular basis.  I think I did a couple times when my son was a baby when we were on vacation and it was easiest to rinse the beach off of us.  Otherwise, it's never been necessary.

My kids are nearly 7 1/2 (son) and over 4 1/2 (daughter) and I typically close the door but if they walk in, they walk in.  It really doesn't bother me.  I'll pee in front of them in public restrooms as well if necessary.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM

BUMP!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I've never done either. but I would stop when one of you started to be uncomfortable with it.

KendraCay
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
We will stop when either my daughter or I are uncomfortable with it. My dh stopped taking showers with her when she was 18 months and he makes sure the door is closed.
I shower with her every other day and it would be pointless to close the door when I use the bathroom, she would just barge in. She'll be 4 in June.
elrikandisis
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I don't do either so idk. I may have bathed with them if they were sick as babies but other than that...

igotnothing
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I would think it would depend on the child's gender.  I take showers and change in front of my daughter all the time and she doeen't seem to notice-she is 3.  She has asked me what parts are called and she knows she has them too so she has no interest.  I know it is probably gonna seem gross but my whole family (adults) still leave the door open to go to the bathroom so i never shut the door in the first place.  

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I do not bath with them but when its just me n my 2 year old son home I leave the door open when I go pee.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
DH showers DS, who is 3. He will probably continue for another year or whenever we can convince him to do it himself.

Right now I'd love to just pee by myself. DS will be in the room while I pee 'just to talk'.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN