• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM
  • 17 Replies
During the week my kids have to be up by 6:40 to get ready for school and I have problems getting them up. They say I'm too tired and I don't want to get up. On the weekends they are up at 6:30 and in my room saying I can't sleep, let's get up. I'm not doing anything different, they go to bed at the same time every night. I don't know what to do. All I want to do is sleep in on the weekends. I have even told them that if they get up early to stay in their room and play and let mommy sleep and I will come and get them when it's time to be up.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Our rule is you cannot come into my room until 7:30. We let them go downstairs at 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizJCL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM
That is a very good rule. I might have to try that. Do you have a clock in their room? That will probably be a fun think to help them tell time too. (I have young kids)

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Our rule is you cannot come into my room until 7:30. We let them go downstairs at 8.
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
We take naps later on :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizJCL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM
The only time my kids take naps is when we are in the car driving somewhere. My twins haven't taken a nap at home since they were 1 and a half.

Quoting booaura: We take naps later on :)
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I'm sorry. That's rough. How old are your kids?

Quoting LizJCL: The only time my kids take naps is when we are in the car driving somewhere. My twins haven't taken a nap at home since they were 1 and a half.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizJCL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM
I have 5 year old twins and a 4 year old

Quoting booaura: I'm sorry. That's rough. How old are your kids?

Quoting LizJCL: The only time my kids take naps is when we are in the car driving somewhere. My twins haven't taken a nap at home since they were 1 and a half.

booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM
They're old enough to wait a few hours, so I like the idea of telling them to stay out until a certain time.

Quoting LizJCL: I have 5 year old twins and a 4 year old

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizJCL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I am going to go and buy a clock this week and try it out this weekend and see how it works

Quoting booaura: They're old enough to wait a few hours, so I like the idea of telling them to stay out until a certain time.

Quoting LizJCL: I have 5 year old twins and a 4 year old

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Yes, they each have a clock in their room.  My kids are a tad older but my son has had a clock for a long time.  You could also set the alarm and tell them that when it goes off, they can come out.

Quoting LizJCL: That is a very good rule. I might have to try that. Do you have a clock in their room? That will probably be a fun think to help them tell time too. (I have young kids)
Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Our rule is you cannot come into my room until 7:30. We let them go downstairs at 8.

LizJCL
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM
That is a good idea. I will try that

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Yes, they each have a clock in their room.  My kids are a tad older but my son has had a clock for a long time.  You could also set the alarm and tell them that when it goes off, they can come out.

Quoting LizJCL: That is a very good rule. I might have to try that. Do you have a clock in their room? That will probably be a fun think to help them tell time too. (I have young kids)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)