Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training tips or advice?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

My dd Brigid is 2yrs old ( Birthday was in Feb) and we are looking towards paoyyt trainning her. She's showen a few signs of being ready, she askes to have her diaper changed as soon as she's wet or poopie (well sometimes, sometimes we have to notice she's wet or poopie and tell her it's time for a change) Most of the time she will tell us if she is wet or poopie. She hides when she poops and she sometimes want to sit on the potty. So it seems like she might be readyish.

Do any of you ladies have any tips or advice on getting things moving in the right direction? I'm a  stay at home mom so I don't need to worrie about getting day care teachers or babysitters on board and dh is on board with any way I want to go about it.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
polkaspots
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Whenever she wants to sit on the toilet, let her. The worst that will happen is she won't use it. My dd hated the toilet and wouldn't use it until three and a half, when I told her I wasn't letting her have anymore diapers. I had her give them to my younger kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We have a little potty seat that we keep in the living room (i know kind of gross but she will sit longer if she can watch one of her shows) and we also have a converter seat that will sit on the normal potty that folds up and we can take with us anywhere. The only issue we have is she'll sit for like 30 seconds before she's done. 

Quoting polkaspots: Whenever she wants to sit on the toilet, let her. The worst that will happen is she won't use it. My dd hated the toilet and wouldn't use it until three and a half, when I told her I wasn't letting her have anymore diapers. I had her give them to my younger kid.

polkaspots
by on May. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
My mom keeps telling me to do that, but idk. We have really weak crappy carpeting in the living room. It wouldn't hold up if I had to deep clean it.

Quoting embrigmom:

We have a little potty seat that we keep in the living room (i know kind of gross but she will sit longer if she can watch one of her shows) and we also have a converter seat that will sit on the normal potty that folds up and we can take with us anywhere. The only issue we have is she'll sit for like 30 seconds before she's done. 

Quoting polkaspots: Whenever she wants to sit on the toilet, let her. The worst that will happen is she won't use it. My dd hated the toilet and wouldn't use it until three and a half, when I told her I wasn't letting her have anymore diapers. I had her give them to my younger kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM

We have hard wood floors in our living room and we don't have any throw or area rugs or anything like that. Only rooms in our apartment that have carpeting is the two bedrooms the rest is hard wood or  linoleum. So we have easy clean up.

Quoting polkaspots: My mom keeps telling me to do that, but idk. We have really weak crappy carpeting in the living room. It wouldn't hold up if I had to deep clean it.
Quoting embrigmom:

polkaspots
by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
My mom used a potty with me, but I was the oldest kid. And she only used it when she woke me up in the middle of the night to pee.

Quoting embrigmom:

We have hard wood floors in our living room and we don't have any throw or area rugs or anything like that. Only rooms in our apartment that have carpeting is the two bedrooms the rest is hard wood or  linoleum. So we have easy clean up.

Quoting polkaspots: My mom keeps telling me to do that, but idk. We have really weak crappy carpeting in the living room. It wouldn't hold up if I had to deep clean it.
Quoting embrigmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammy1989
by on May. 7, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Actually going through the process with my LO right now too, she's doing great. It all started becuase she had a bad rash for like two weeks and I used every cream under the sun and it wouldn't go away, we later found out it was excema but during the healing time I kept her in panties instead of diapers and started taking her to the potty every 30 mins or so, it took about a week and a half for her to catch on and start telling me in her own lil ways. Now she still has accidents once in a while but is diaper free during the days, it's tedious but it worked :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)