Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What is the worst thing a mom can do during a playdate, and/or what's the worst thing you've ever seen on a playdate?

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

What is the worst thing a mom can do during a playdate, and/or what's the worst thing you've ever seen on a playdate? Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

by on May. 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Roo1234
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Follow their child around constantly saying "no, don't touch that"rather than redirecting him to an appropriate toy
matofour
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Ugh
We had a real winner in playground when my kids were babies.
She showed up with her kid throwing up, and another mom had brought her newborn. That was fun, let me see your newborn, oh crap sorry my kid threw up on the baby.

This same mom, when play group was at her house, left us (all the moms and kids) with the Spanish speaking house keeper (none of us speak Spanish), so she could go to violin lessons. Which she didn't tell us about either.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in a playgroup with a mom who thought she was the best mom in the world and no one could touch her. She thought we should all be impressed by all the mommy knowledge she absorbed. Apparently, one of the mom's turned her child forward facing too soon instead of saying something, she asked if she could speak to us in a group and passed out information she printed online about the benefits of extended rear facing and kept mentioning how "one" of us was not following the rules. It was very awkward.

iamcafemom83
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I was with a playgroup for awhile. They had lots of choices each week. The majority were across town since most of the moms lived over there. So a bit of a drive for me.
A bunch of people would be signed up for a playdate and then NO one showed up. It was aggravating by the third or fourth time this happened, I just stuck to the meager offerings they had on my side of town.
So not showing up or being extremely late is a peeve of mine.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Not showing up happens all the time at my moms group. Or showing up for 10 minutes then leaving.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I was with a playgroup for awhile. They had lots of choices each week. The majority were across town since most of the moms lived over there. So a bit of a drive for me.
A bunch of people would be signed up for a playdate and then NO one showed up. It was aggravating by the third or fourth time this happened, I just stuck to the meager offerings they had on my side of town.
So not showing up or being extremely late is a peeve of mine.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Yesterday a mom at the pool gave me a lecture about how floatations devices don't teach kids to swim. I never said they did....my son has a puddle jumper on because I have both him & a baby to watch, and she wasn't even on a play date with us. Oh, and her child? Was in a floating tube that isn't allowed at our pool (whereas the puddle jumper IS allowed).

I imagine she would really have an issue with the parents who come in the evening & don't even watch their 3-5 year olds swim.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN