Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Birthday invitations?

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
So I need some advice on what you ladies would do. My son will be 5 July 25th and my daughter will be 1 on June 14th. I have decided to have their party together because its just to close to have 2 seperate parties and for people to come to both. My son wants to invite his friends from preschool but I was going to do invites with one pic of DS and one of dd and then the party info. So my question is should I just simple invites for just my son to give to his friends or give the regular invite with both? I don't want people to feel obligated to bring my dd somthing even tho they all know her. Wwyd? Thanks ladies.
by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jaxons_mama
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Bump
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I would probably do seperate invites for your son, then on the bottom make a note that it is a joint birthday and don't feel obligated to bring anything for the little sister.  

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Is there a way for you to just have a friends party.

My aunt normally has a joint party for her kids and they are different ages. But its mainly family that comes.
jaxons_mama
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Well last year his birthday party was a mess. Almost no one but grandparents and great grandparents came. He only had one friend there and I felt so bad for him. Everyone who said they were coming never showed up. He was upset and so was I. So I don't want that to happen again. Plus it's would just be to much right now to do a seperate party.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Is there a way for you to just have a friends party.

My aunt normally has a joint party for her kids and they are different ages. But its mainly family that comes.
jaxons_mama
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Quoting Hot_Badonkadonk:

I would probably do seperate invites for your son, then on the bottom make a note that it is a joint birthday and don't feel obligated to bring anything for the little sister.  

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I would just find a cute way to say 'the party is for a girl and boy, but only bring a gift for the child you know' type saying

jaxons_mama
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM
That's a cute idea. Thanks!

Quoting collinsmommy0: I would just find a cute way to say 'the party is for a girl and boy, but only bring a gift for the child you know' type saying

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I understand. Yes it sucks when people don't show. I have to remember the ones that showed are the ones that care and take time to come.

Quoting jaxons_mama: Well last year his birthday party was a mess. Almost no one but grandparents and great grandparents came. He only had one friend there and I felt so bad for him. Everyone who said they were coming never showed up. He was upset and so was I. So I don't want that to happen again. Plus it's would just be to much right now to do a seperate party.

jaxons_mama
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM
That's how I look at it to. It just hurt for him.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: I understand. Yes it sucks when people don't show. I have to remember the ones that showed are the ones that care and take time to come.

Quoting jaxons_mama: Well last year his birthday party was a mess. Almost no one but grandparents and great grandparents came. He only had one friend there and I felt so bad for him. Everyone who said they were coming never showed up. He was upset and so was I. So I don't want that to happen again. Plus it's would just be to much right now to do a seperate party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN