Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

im new and need advice

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

i have a 2 year old who has a texture issue when he eats his food. if its wet and slimy he wont touch it. if i make him touch it he cries and even screams. if i put it in his mouth he will sometimes gag and vomit. i know he is delayed learning wise. he cant use a spoon or a fork he picks them up but cant figure out how to use them. even when i show him. he hates to get stuff on his hands he cries if his hands touch dirt and stuff like that. i worry that he isnt eating enough. i go to see his dr on the 30th about it. and his being behind. do you have any sugestions for me. oh and he always has to be on the move he is a run every where child but he runs some how always on his tip toes

by on May. 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KarolyneB
by New Member on May. 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Honestly, if he doesn't like the texture, I don't think I would make him eat it. Are there any foods that have a texture he likes?

It sounds like something the pediatrician might have some advice about.

booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Don't make him eat it. I can't stand certain textures, I don't like certain foods, so I don't eat them. I don't get force feeding kids things they don't like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctmom2011
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

My daughter is 2 1/2, once she started on solid food I could not get her to try anything soft like, yogurt, apple sauce etc.  I keep up good eating habits in front of her and give her options, if she is hungry she'll eat. She nows eats apple sauce and jello, still cant get her to eat yogurt or mashed potatoes.  The more she sees me eat things the more she is willing to try. Good Luck.

mcwebtex
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

My son hates certain textures in his mouth, such as apple peels, etc.He would take a bite and just spit it out whereever he was! Yuck! It was a hard six months. We did try to spank for the spitting out and he tried harder. But over time he got used to them and started eating them. I would peel the apples for him after a while just not to torture the poor kid until he got older and more able. Dont worry they grow out of it. I would not give him a choice but i would purposly give him something he liked better the next time without him knowing why i did it. Just so they dont learn that your at there beck and call. You still keep control and then you dont have to deal with it! :-)

my son walked on his tippy toes for a really long time but now walk regular for the most part. I would take time at home to teach him to sit. We had to do this for my daughter she was horrible and never sat still. Everywhere we went was a battle, so we would sit her on the couch and make her stay there for short periods of time, supervised and she wasnt allowed to get up, same with the high chair, i would make her sit there with a book for a while. It help alittle and eventually she learned to sit for longer periods of time!

Made going out easier especially to church etc.... quiet places you know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN