Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Car seat question.

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

We are looking to get a forward facing car seat, 5-point harness. Which one do you have and what do you like and dislike about it?

by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:10 AM
? What's the question
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:20 AM
My favorite is a britax frontier 85. We also have a boulevard cs that will need replaced next year and a True fit.
It depends on your car and your child's size though.
ddmalott
by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM

We have a mini van so lots of room. She is a little small, only about 25 lbs.   What makes the frontier your favorite?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: My favorite is a britax frontier 85. We also have a boulevard cs that will need replaced next year and a True fit. It depends on your car and your child's size though.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Why do you want to forward face her at that size?
I like the 9 year lifespan, that it turns into a great high back booster, it's tall, beefy, and has a high weight limit. It's easy to install and adjust. And I like being able to use latch in booster mode.

Quoting ddmalott:

We have a mini van so lots of room. She is a little small, only about 25 lbs.   What makes the frontier your favorite?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: My favorite is a britax frontier 85. We also have a boulevard cs that will need replaced next year and a True fit.
It depends on your car and your child's size though.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

We have the Chicco Nextfit for our 3 youngest. I like the fact that I can keep  them rear facing for a long time. My youngest is 17lb's and my next one up is 25lb's and the next one up from there is 32lb's. I prefer to keep them rear facing as long as possible. That is the safest way possible in the car 

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I have the Graco Nautilis for both of my boys.  Goes from 5 pt harness to high back, the no-back booster.  I moved my boys forward facing at 1 YO--they went right into this Graco and still use them (4 & 5 YO.)

The only thing I dislike is the buckle--very hard to get open.  But they did a recall and sent out new ones, so that should fix the issue.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on May. 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

My oldest has the Graco Nautilis 3 in 1 and he is now in the booster part of the seat and my youngest is in Graco my size 70. Love both seats and never had any problems with either of the seats.

sjoshea
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM

We have (3) Britax Boulevard car seats and love, love them!  We like everything about them.  My DS at 4.5 y/o still falls asleep in it; even if its for 10-15 min cat nap.  It says he's secure in it until ~49 inches tall and ~65 lbs; though, we may transition to backless boosters sooner. 

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Glam/26845788

We have this one for my daughter and it has fit her well, she is comfortable in it and it has lasted a while.

ddmalott
by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Thanks ladies !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN