Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any concerns about your child?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 57 Replies

Is there anything that worries you about your child. My DD is so shy that she doesn't like to answer questions. I asked her doctor about it at her last well visit and he wasn't concerned, but it's still something in the back of my head.

Do you how any concerns about your kids?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeepygirl
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I've got a few about my son, but the Dr. keeps telling me he's fine. Actually I got the "I don't think it's autism, I think he's just going to be a special little boy". I still have no idea what that means.

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM
My daughter knows a few words. I signed her up for speech to get her to start talking more. And its free so im not complaining about it. She goes next wednesday to be evaluted to see if they will see her and she gets to go to a big kids school.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is in therapy for an auditory processing delay. She's very intelligent but processing information is tough for her. I'm really scared for her schooling once she enters public school. I worry that she'll get lost in a class of 20+ kids and she's already been denied services thru the district.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say an IEP is in order if you don't have one. It makes the school district accountable in the services they should provide her.

My dd 3 has an IEP for speech therapy which is done at our local school.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: My dd is in therapy for an auditory processing delay. She's very intelligent but processing information is tough for her. I'm really scared for her schooling once she enters public school. I worry that she'll get lost in a class of 20+ kids and she's already been denied services thru the district.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM
The district won't help us at this point. Essentially she needs to be struggling more than she is before they'll help her. It's awesome.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: I would say an IEP is in order if you don't have one. It makes the school district accountable in the services they should provide her.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: My dd is in therapy for an auditory processing delay. She's very intelligent but processing information is tough for her. I'm really scared for her schooling once she enters public school. I worry that she'll get lost in a class of 20+ kids and she's already been denied services thru the district.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambergem
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
DD who turned 3 over the weekend won't stop sucking on two fingers. Her front two teeth are getting a little spaced and the sounds she makes with the tongue to the back of the front two teeth have a little lisp. MD said yes try to deter her but nothing I have tried yet has worked.
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear that. I would possibly mention you want an IEP meeting. I think they have to comply if you request one.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: The district won't help us at this point. Essentially she needs to be struggling more than she is before they'll help her. It's awesome.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: I would say an IEP is in order if you don't have one. It makes the school district accountable in the services they should provide her.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I'll give that a shot when she moves to public school. She's going to do K at her montessori cuz it gives her the best chance of getting ready, I think. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Sorry to hear that. I would possibly mention you want an IEP meeting. I think they have to comply if you request one.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: The district won't help us at this point. Essentially she needs to be struggling more than she is before they'll help her. It's awesome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Your welcome. Personally why would the district want her to struggle more before they help.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I'll give that a shot when she moves to public school. She's going to do K at her montessori cuz it gives her the best chance of getting ready, I think. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Sorry to hear that. I would possibly mention you want an IEP meeting. I think they have to comply if you request one.

wsklopp
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM

My 2 1/2 year old son still doesn't talk very much. He only says a few words and when i asked his doctor about it she just said that he is shy. The thing is that my son is not a shy child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)