Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TV/IPad time

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
Something I struggle with is how much time should we allow our 5 and 3 year old to be using electronics a day? They each have a leap pad, we have an iPad, plus TV time. Any suggestions? How do you regulate it?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM
My son is 3. He gets 15-20 minutes of iPad time if he gets ready for bed on time (most nights). He gets about 1 30-minute TV show a week, that he earns with a sticker chart.

DH lets him watch 1-2 shows per day on Saturday & Sunday, or they do a video game, or watch a movie, but not for more than 1 hour or so each day on the weekend.

I think the recommendation is no more than 2 hours per day of screen time for kids, but almost everyone I know does more than we do and more than what's recommended
lady21784
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Its on and off for me. They like to play so they might play with it for a while but ecentually lose interest
spunky946
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

We don't really have a time schedule.  

MidwestMama55
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I'm a bit older than you (kids range from 12-20), but we encouraged reading. All our kids were great readers and we just didn't do screen time really. They did have leap pads which were used for 30 minutes or so on the weekend only. No computer time. No TV during the week unless they were sick. Maybe a program or two on the weekends. Kids are more creative without the screen stuff. Dad and I don't watch TV either, unless it's the news. So they didn't really grow up with screens as entertainment.

newwifenmom
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
On average an hour a day. Some days he gets none though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)