Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your typical schedule

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello I have a 2 1/2 year old son and an 8 months old baby. It seems we have a lot of down time. In the morning about 7am my baby wakes. Change clothes. Nurse. Solids. Then play and nap. Then my toddler wakes up at 9 am sometimes earlier. I change his diaper, clothes, breakfast. Then brush teeth. He plays in his room then nap around 11 or 12 for an hour.....then wakes and eats lunch, goes to the park/walk. Then I have time between 2-5 of I don't know what to do...

What's your schedule?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Downtime/play time is good for kids :)

I have a just turned 3 year old and a 9 month old.
Everyone's up around 7 am, we do showers, breakfast, etc. I rock the baby to sleep around 9 am & he naps for up to an hour. I do an art project, board game, drawing activity, etc with my older son during that time.
10ish-12ish errands, classes, park, play dates, etc
12ish lunch & play time
2-3 quiet time, we read books together, baby naps
3-7 hardest time of the day here, we play inside, play outside (we have no yard so it's a big area in the back of our complex), go for walks, every once in a while go to a park, talk with neighbors (several are out walking dogs & we often hang out for a bit), FaceTime with grandmas & grandpas, etc
6ish dinner
7 get ready for bed. Older son gets the iPad when he's ready until 7:45, when we go up for bed. Older son is asleep by 9, baby falls asleep at 8 & wakes up at 9:15 to nurse....
wsklopp
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM

our schedlule changes on a day to day basis. it all depends on what time i work that day if i work cause i have a part time job. i usually work in the afternoon or evening so this is how our day usualy goes. Wake up usually around 9. i make breakfest, we play and watch cartoons on disney junior. Then around 11 i make lunch and we eat. we play some more. sometimes we take a walk or play at the park. i also do some school work because i go to school full time at an online university. Then if i work that day i will go to work and my son stays home with his father. Then when i come home from work i make diner and we watch a movie together. Then we do tubby time and a small desert. We would play and then go to bed. Sometimes that changes but that is usually our standard schedule. I hope this helps!

lady21784
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I dont really have a schedule. I would like to have or start one. I have a 10 month old and a 2 year old. They get up between 7 & 830. My itty bitty gets a boob and the other gets her cup of milk. Then after every has had time to actually wake up its breakfast (usually waffles or oatmeal). They play for about 4 or 5 hours and then ita nap time. Lately they have been getting 3 hour naps. After they wake up, everybody gets fed and I either go for a walk or take them somewhere.
Mommyaunatural
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally off subject lol..but don't you just love the convenience of oatmeal. Makes mornings so much easier with two :)

Quoting lady21784: I dont really have a schedule. I would like to have or start one. I have a 10 month old and a 2 year old. They get up between 7 & 830. My itty bitty gets a boob and the other gets her cup of milk. Then after every has had time to actually wake up its breakfast (usually waffles or oatmeal). They play for about 4 or 5 hours and then ita nap time. Lately they have been getting 3 hour naps. After they wake up, everybody gets fed and I either go for a walk or take them somewhere.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Play dates, friends, etc. Not enough down time!

Mommyaunatural
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I have not enough mom friends lol and lots of down time

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Play dates, friends, etc. Not enough down time!

LoveMyBug2013
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Can you join a playgroup?  Library story hour?  Swimming lesson or classes at the Little Gym or something similar?  Or a music class?  You would only need a couple things per week to break it up. 

I work, so my schedule is different.  I am out of the house at 5:20 a.m.  DS (12 months) wakes up at 7:45 and DH gets him ready for school (daycare).  He eats breakfast at school and plays there.  They take the kids outside if it is nice and do art projects and games and activities with them based on an early learning curriculum.  DH picks DS up at around 5:30.  I get home a little after 6 and give him dinner, bath and bed. 

On the weekends, we are always running around trying to see friends and family, doing things in our community, etc.  We rarely have down time. 

Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Baby doll is up about 730 and we have diaper, breakfast, she plays in the bathroom while I shower then she gets her bath. If it's nice we hit the park, take a walk, go to the beach or zoo. If it's crummy we play with friends, go to Grammy 's or play inside. I like to introduce new learning toys or play once a week or so (right now it is pink in the sensory bin). After lunch, nap, snack, play in the yard or go to an indoor toddler gym. We run errands in the mornings and one day a week she has music class.
Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I think love my bug is right. Check out your community. We have little gym, music classes, Indoor toddler gyms, art classes for toddlers, swim lessons, mommy and me yoga, library story hours, not to mention the parks and beach all within a ten minute drive. Also check out red tricycle for kid friendly events. PEPS is another great resource.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM

During the week, I work so we are out of the house by 7:45 and home by 5pm. I work for the school district so I have the same breaks that teachers do - summer, Christmas, Spring and a handful of other days. We don't really have a schedule when I am off. Same as weekends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)