Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

ETA-amazon link: Doll for a little boy?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

Thank you all for all of your support.  I did an Amazon search and found this:  http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Preferred-90927-Baby-Doll/dp/B004KS2T84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402679491&sr=8-1&keywords=toddler+boy+doll

Any thoughts? 

We just found out we are expecting #2!  Bug will be 21 months when he is born.  I've seen recommendations to get a baby doll for him to play with and have his baby to carry and take care of, and also to teach him to be gentle.

DH's reaction to this was "Does it have to be human?"  (as in he would be more comfortable if DS took care of a puppy than a human baby doll)

Thoughts?

Also, if a human doll, any recommendations?  Obviously, we want something as neutral as possible.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheyanne1234
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM
My son is 15 mos and has a baby doll he won't sleep without or let go of if his life depended on it. I'm also 6 mos preggo with his baby brother .

He wanted a doll and I let him have one. He carries it everywhere with him and plays with her hair while he sleeps. I think it's more of a comfort thing with him tho. But we tell him to be nice to baby so hopefully that helps too lol

I say get him a doll. (: ( I got a life like one at wal mart for 15 bucks) lol
ambergem
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I've thought about getting DS a boy doll. Never have but I think he'd have fun with that.
jc4ever0717
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM
My sister got hot by a truck when sje was a tobbler and they told my mom to buy her all boy stuff and my mom had the same reaction as your hubby but the doctor told her its better to give kids opposite gender stuff cause it developes diffrent sences and traits :)) ive given our daughters some doys stuff and will give our son girl stuff when he gets older cause our girls have shown a major difrence compared to there same age cousin who has all gorl stuff :))
Go for it girl cant hurt any :))
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We bought a baby boy doll for my son when I was pg with my dd. He would feed it, put it down for naps, etc. Plus, if you are ever curious how you are doing as a parent, watch your child play pretend with a doll. You'll certainly find out how your child interprets you as they "parent" that doll!

I never understand husbands who have an issue with boys and dolls. How is it really any different than your husband helping out with the real baby? All the doll does is help a child learn tenderness and care. Aren't those qualities men should have when they become fathers? If they don't learn it young, it won't flip on like a switch when they are grown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Some kids like dolls some don't gender doesn't matter. My son and daughter had dolls both liked plushies in their strollers.
As for suggestions, start with something washable, that doesn't have hair or the soft dolls with the yarn hair. I would look at small local toy stores for more nutreal dolls.
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Get it for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I think it is a great idea. I did with my son when I was expecting my second.

Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I think its a great idea. Little girls are not the only ones who grow up to be nurturing parents
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I brought DS to build a bear and let him get a bear when I was pregnant (they start at $10, which is the one we got). He loved it - we practiced taking care of the 'baby bear' before baby brother was born and he did some stuff when baby was little too - change the diaper, held him, nursed him, etc. My son was 27 months when his brother was born.
m.garcia21
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it it teaches them to be caring and loving towards babies. Theres dolls thare masculine. My dd has a babydoll that is dressed in blue a
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)