Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Noooooo!!! She's turning into a daddies girl!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this
DD has always prefered me over DF, it's bothered us both to a point. I try and get her to interact with him more and vice versa. I am the one that does everything for her, she runs to me when she's hurt or scared. A few times she has done this with DF and lately he's been doing more with her.

Well tonight he ran out to the store while she was in the bath. He took longer than expected so I got her ready for bed. Everything being routine, until it came time to actually go to bed. Holy tantrum!!! I told her that Daddy would be home soon and that I would have him come say goodnight. She fought with everything! She didn't want any of the blankets that I offered, she wanted her light on - the hall light wasn't good enough, she didn't want my goodnight kisses.... I was beside myself. Just as I was about to call him, he came walking in the door. Yippee!! Hugs, kisses, wipe away the tears, gave her the same blanket I knew she really wanted, light off and door cracked. Boom, asleep.

I chuckled and he was beaming. He needed that.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
juniors.mommy
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM
My son used to be a huge momma boy now..when dad is around hes like "whose mommy" lol its always daddy daddy lol hes almost 3
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM
LOL Some days I wish it was all Daddy!

Quoting juniors.mommy: My son used to be a huge momma boy now..when dad is around hes like "whose mommy" lol its always daddy daddy lol hes almost 3
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute! Same with my 3 year old - now he's 3 he's all 'where's daddy going? In coming too!' Even if it's just to the next room.
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

DS is almost 4 and one day it's daddy and another it's mommy. We both work, but DH has a rotating schedule with every other week being the same. On the weekends that it's me and DS, he wants nothing to do with DH unless he's been bad and I've been on him. On days he's been with DH most of the day, then I'm chopped liver LOL.

maria1613
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave up that battle a long time ago. Dd has ALWAYS been a daddy's girl. I hate it, well I don't hate it but I wish that even once in a while she'd be a mommy's girl
melissaaytes
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww so sweet!!!  I have 2 girls and they are both daddy's girls and my oldest (4) is a monster for me sometimes!!  She told him last night that he was the sweetest daddy in the world...melted my heart :)  Yay for daddy's girls!!!

MyNameIs-
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww, dh hates the fact that the girls would rather hug me than him. But then they'll give him big hugs and kisses and it's all good again!!
Ganesa
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

my 2 years old is a daddy's girl too which is totally fine i use that free time when daddy's home to best of my advantage i get to takelong shower mayb even get to paint my nails :)

Quoting Garnet_Iris11: DD has always prefered me over DF, it's bothered us both to a point. I try and get her to interact with him more and vice versa. I am the one that does everything for her, she runs to me when she's hurt or scared. A few times she has done this with DF and lately he's been doing more with her. Well tonight he ran out to the store while she was in the bath. He took longer than expected so I got her ready for bed. Everything being routine, until it came time to actually go to bed. Holy tantrum!!! I told her that Daddy would be home soon and that I would have him come say goodnight. She fought with everything! She didn't want any of the blankets that I offered, she wanted her light on - the hall light wasn't good enough, she didn't want my goodnight kisses.... I was beside myself. Just as I was about to call him, he came walking in the door. Yippee!! Hugs, kisses, wipe away the tears, gave her the same blanket I knew she really wanted, light off and door cracked. Boom, asleep. I chuckled and he was beaming. He needed that.

lady21784
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM
My oldest is a daddys girl. Lately during naps she snuggles up to me. Shes still a daddys girl tho. I used toquestion if she ever really loved me. I do everything for my girls and only one really gives me that kind of affection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)