Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: My name is celia my son is turning 2 on...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM
  • 10 Replies
My name is celia my son is turning 2
on Saturday. And i am looking for
activities we can do any suggestions.
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colaz
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Is this a party for your 2-year old and family or will there be a lot of other kids too?  Ages?

Depending on how warm it is there at 2 water is extremly fun and entertaining.  Something as simple as a hose with buckets of water to fill and dump would provide hours of fun or a sprinkler would add to a toddler party. 

Dance party with noisemakers (can make homemade ones first as a craft)

If you are brave; finger painting!   

MamaLama710
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM
At that age id keep it simple cause they probably won't remember it. Get em a cool sprinkler and let em run around like crazy! Nothing beats that.
My little girl is turning 4 next month, we usually do a cookout at this huge park with a splash pad. This year she is going to have a "mc party" at mcdonalds, it's great because it's air conditioned, the kids can run around the play place, and people buy their own food so you only need to get a cake. Way less stress, and zero clean up.
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Keep it simple. At two, we just put all the riding toys and balls we had in the back yard and let them play.  If it's warm by you and you don't mind the mess, let them play in the sprinkler or a little baby pool. (you'll need to let your guests know to bring a change of clothes.  FYI...don't put the sprinkler next to a dirt patch. One of my friends did this last weekend and then was appalled that kids drug mud inside the house LOL.  If it rains or gets too hot, then bring them inside and let them play with trucks or trains.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM
For my sons 2 b day last year we did a small party/cookout.
natural_s
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Hi Celia, welcome to the group.

Do you have a place that has like bounce houses where if there is other kids or even if not he can just jump around and have a blast. There is also places like aquariums or the zoo or something as

celialarryscher
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM
It's a birthday party for two year olds and adults.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
For my sons 2nd birthday, we had it at a park. I brought bubbles, chalk, and sand toys. Hardly anyone played with them because the kids were all on the playground equipment. We did pizza and cupcakes.
celialarryscher
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM
We had his birthday party but just family showed up.a few older kids maybe next year will be better.
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:28 AM

If someone invited me to a party at McDonalds, I would expect they would be buying my child's meal. 

Quoting MamaLama710: At that age id keep it simple cause they probably won't remember it. Get em a cool sprinkler and let em run around like crazy! Nothing beats that. My little girl is turning 4 next month, we usually do a cookout at this huge park with a splash pad. This year she is going to have a "mc party" at mcdonalds, it's great because it's air conditioned, the kids can run around the play place, and people buy their own food so you only need to get a cake. Way less stress, and zero clean up.

MamaLama710
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Then I guess you aren't friends with working class people? I am a sahm and my husband works as an Stna and goes to nursing school. We are broke and anyone who would come would respect that. Also on invites I would specify that there will be cake and have the party start after lunch but well before dinner. I'm not rude but there will be upwards of 15 kids, and she has a birthday within a week of 4 close cousins, and within a month of 5 other relatives.

Just like we don't expect everyone to buy her presents, I don't feel that we are responsible for feeding everyone's kid. It would be different if she was older and wanted to do something special with one or two friends, but that's not what this is.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

If someone invited me to a party at McDonalds, I would expect they would be buying my child's meal. 

Quoting MamaLama710: At that age id keep it simple cause they probably won't remember it. Get em a cool sprinkler and let em run around like crazy! Nothing beats that. My little girl is turning 4 next month, we usually do a cookout at this huge park with a splash pad. This year she is going to have a "mc party" at mcdonalds, it's great because it's air conditioned, the kids can run around the play place, and people buy their own food so you only need to get a cake. Way less stress, and zero clean up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN