Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Help please

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 2 year-old has been dealing with a yeast diaper rash off and on for a few month. The doctor gives her meds which clears it up then a few months later it's back. Do any of you ladies know what causes them and what I can do to prevent any future infections? Thanks so much
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hismommy2010
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Wipe from front to back. Dont allow her to sit in a wet or poopy diaper
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Acidic foods can cause a diaper rash. A regular diaper rash can turn into a yeasty diaper rash just from bacteria from going potty in her diaper and it touching her skin. This happens to my dd3 and that's how her dr explained it to me.

Change her frequently. Maybe limit the acidic food she eats and see if it helps.
colaz
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not exactly sure for a yeast diaper rash but I know generlaly for a diaper rash it is good to let them go bottom bare to help keep it dry.   Maybe especially when you see one start to form let your LO air it out for an hour or so a day.   

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooh also, if you put like 1/2 cup of baking soda into her bath at bath time. Baking soda helps a lot!
mommaof697
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeast loves sugar cut back the sugar and the rash will get helped. also eat yogurt. Yogut is good bacteria product that will help cut down on yeast. I have even heard of moms putting plain yogurt over the rash (use as a ointment) to help.

If you want something over the counter there is Monostat and the like.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree to change her frequently. If it's warm by you and you have the privacy, let her run around outside without a diaper.  Even when she's not pottied in her diaper, there's still the opportunity for moisture from sweating.

DS got a horrible rash and the NP gave me an ointment recipe that worked wonders. It's 1 small tub of vasoline, 1 tube of lotramin, 1 large tube of the purple desitin. Mix it all together in a disposible container and when you ntoice her starting to get red, apply at each diaper change. After a couple applications, it usually takes away the redness.  Maybe this could prevent it from turning into a yeast infection,

Memere60
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I have noticed some moms change their kids' diapers, wipe with a wet wipe, and then put another diaper on right away. The area is still moist, which is a perfect environment for yeast to grow. I used to clean my daughter, then do a final cleaning up with a warm, wet face cloth, then dry her off! Then the new diaper would go on. You have to do the wet cloth thing before you change your baby. You NEVER want to leave your child unattended. I know someone out there will be saying, 'Yeah, they taught me that in moron school!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)