Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

water party! help!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter is 7. She has a "kidney issue" where she has a leak so has to wear a pull up. She's been invited to a party in a few weeks where she has to wear a bathing suit. We will probably put her in shorts over the bathing suit. We've used little swimmer diapers before but they get huge and seem to just drip water. Does anyone know the difference between those and the regular pull ups. Any other suggestions how she can get thru this day with only fun and not embarrassment. Thanks!!!!
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I would suggest a cloth diaper but those have no absorbency. Or have her take off the pull up right before she goes in and right after she gets out of the pool.

Or I would just have her skip the party. 7 is tough and even if you explain it to the other kids moms the girls will likely still make fun of her (or one will, then others will follow toe thing).

Or leave it up to her to choose whether to go or not.
ambergem
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Memere60
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!! I'm a grandma with some info tenancy problem, and I use Depends. I have been stressing out about trying to go to the pool with my daughter and grandkids. I just called them, but they are on Pacific time, so I'll call them later.  P. S. Tried to type incontenancy, but it didn't come out right. And now it did. Go figure.

Quoting ambergem:

Mobile Photo

http://www.sosecureproducts.com/swim-diaper-for-children

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Oh, poor thing! I didn't think the little swimmers were supposed to swell.I've seen some girls wear swim shorts and top vs a swimsuit.  I hope you find a good solution. I'd hate for her to be embarrassed.

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Thank you. I actually put her in a Huggies Little Swimmer diaper and found a swim suit that had a cute little skirt. All the girls thought the little skirt was so cute and she was covered so it was perfect!  :)

Quoting iansmommy9:

Oh, poor thing! I didn't think the little swimmers were supposed to swell.I've seen some girls wear swim shorts and top vs a swimsuit.  I hope you find a good solution. I'd hate for her to be embarrassed.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That is AWESOME!  Way to come through for your daughter mama!!

Quoting Wendsdy:

Thank you. I actually put her in a Huggies Little Swimmer diaper and found a swim suit that had a cute little skirt. All the girls thought the little skirt was so cute and she was covered so it was perfect!  :)

Quoting iansmommy9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)