Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

preschool debate

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ive had my daughter in a nice 3 yr old class down the road that she has grown quite adjusted to in the past few months and she loves. However i just got mail saying she could go to vpk in elementary school which is a 6 hr day, and includes breakfast and lunch. I feel like shes adjusted at her school, however, i feel like a full day would be easier, esp being an only kid and loving to be with kids and loves school. Or, on other hand, should i just pay $30 for her to have vpk at her daycare for 2 full days a week? . I am excited how they also fees kids healthy and bruah their teeth after eating. Keep in mind i work and i also am trying to limit dependency on my mother in law picking her up as she has many times given my child lots of candy. Although, she hasnt recently, being that i told her fourth time not to. However she seemed to have minded me in a last few weeks and being it was first time i said something since shes been in school. What should i do?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
2 moms liked this

If she likes school, I think the elementary one seems like a good idea.

ladyscarlet14
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Thanku
athorne
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Whichever one that you and your daughter feel is the most comfortable for the two of you. You can take a tour of each place so you can see the structure of the classrooms and meet the teachers.

LMMommy14
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I think as parents we become more adjusted to things than they do. Sure it might take a little time for her to get used to something new, its just harder on us parents. We find something that's working and it seems like we wont have the same results anywhere else. Work out a pro and cons list and see what would work best for YOU. She will adjust just fine like she did with her first school. 

ladyscarlet14
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Thanks for the advice. Will right out a list and visit it as well
ambergem
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If it makes it easier for you to have her at one place while you work, I think the full day one would be a good idea.  More consistent for her, too.  I'm about to have our first of four children start Kindergarten this fall, and that is only half day.  I am doing SAHM currently.  I was wondering how FT working moms handle that.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Very true! Kids are flexible.

Quoting LMMommy14:

I think as parents we become more adjusted to things than they do. Sure it might take a little time for her to get used to something new, its just harder on us parents. We find something that's working and it seems like we wont have the same results anywhere else. Work out a pro and cons list and see what would work best for YOU. She will adjust just fine like she did with her first school. 

ladyscarlet14
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I didnt know theres half day offered for kindergarten too, ambergem
Blue462
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
The full day sounds like a good idea. I am excited for DS to start preschool too, though it is only 2 hrs a day 2 days a week. He is an only child too and needs and wants more time socializing with other kids.
ladyscarlet14
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Yeah, and she will be more worn out when she gets home, the public school has gym everyday and recess. At her school now tberes no gym, and if its too hot they dont go outside, which they havent gone out in awhile now, being in the south.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)