• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She still poops in her panties.. help

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies
This is try #3 potty training DD.. she's 3.5. She does fairly well, we started about a month ago. She at times wets the bed at night and has about 3-4 accidents during the week. Most of them are poop or she doesn't get to the potty in time.

I'm not getting upset with her, but to myself I am getting frustrated. We tell each other poop goes in the potty, not in our panties and put it in the potty and clean up.

At home and daycare she is asked to use the potty, or does she have to go potty. She hides when she needs to poop and then rushes out telling you or says nothing for a bit and then says that she has to go potty.

Each time we did potty training before I did rewards of stickers, special outtings or whatever (not candy though, luckily with her she was born without a sweet tooth LOL). I'm just at a loss. Any ideas?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ambergem
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I had this problem and read that kids can actually be scared to let their poos fall into the toilet because it feels like part of them. I talked to them about how it's waste from food that needs to be flushed away. They did say they were nervous about it. Telling DD the poop needs to come out because it's not healthy to hold it in seemed to help. The first two of our 4 are now fully potty trained and no accidents!
iansmommy9
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this

In my experience with DS, it takes longer to get them to poop on the potty consistently.  It was 2 or 3 months after being pee trained that he was totally potty trained. With DS, I told him that the characters on his undies were happy when he pooped in the potty and sad when he pooped on them.

I started really watching his habits. Whenever he'd hide behind the train table, I'd take him to the potty and have him sit on it. After a couple of successful trips, he got it.

Bethbeth
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

what if you did a reward chart just for poop? 

Molimomma
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was pee trained for almost 4 months before he was #2 trained. He was adamant he wasn't pooping in the potty. I just kept him in underwear and we did the same as you talking about how every body poops in the potty and putting the poop in the potty etc. honestly though the thing that got him to try it was a girlfriend if mine had her grandson with her when we went out for lunch. Her grandson is almost 2 years younger than my son. HE went #2 at the restaurant we were having lunch at. The next day MY son went in the potty! He's been doing well ever since he has 2 or 3 slip ups in the last two months but otherwise he's got it!  There is a book, Everybody Poops that might help but sometimes I think just a little peer pressure works better. So if you know anyone whose little one is already going potty see if you can get together and the positive influence might get you over that last hump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)