• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy Birthday Parties

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

OK, so this year we are NOT dealing with DS's 4rth brithday party at our house!  One of our top picks for a location is the local gym for a gymnastics party. DS started gymnastics at 18 months and has developed skills that transferred to other sports.

My question is will little boys come to a gymnastics party or will parents have a preconceived notion that it's "girly"? 

There's only one other little boy that does the pull out gymnastics class at his daycare.

Our other choice is a farm/petting zoo, but it's just so darn hot here in early September that I don't know if I want to be outside for 2 hours.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I like the gymnastics party idea

pinkiebabii
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I like the gymnastics idea but then again I can't wait for DS to be old enough for gymnastics... So I see past the "girlyness".
MommyRush
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree gymnastics party... Its not like the boys are joining gymnastics it will be more of a play ground for them...different beams bars to hang from running and jumping on the spring boards...sounds like stuff any kid would think us fun
iansmommy9
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:52 PM

That was my thought too!

Quoting MommyRush: I agree gymnastics party... Its not like the boys are joining gymnastics it will be more of a play ground for them...different beams bars to hang from running and jumping on the spring boards...sounds like stuff any kid would think us fun

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
We just went to a 6 year old girls gymnastics party. There were at least 5 other boys there, it was tons of fun - they did parachute games then set up 2 HUGE obstacle courses for the kids to do. It was a lot of climbing over, under, and around mats, swinging on a rope swing, 3 different ways to jump into a giant foam pit (jump, hang from a bar 6 feet high then jump, and from a trampoline)

I'm actually bummed I did a small party for my sons 3 year old party - I will likely do a gymnastics party for him next year!
iansmommy9
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Thanks! 

Quoting collinsmommy0: We just went to a 6 year old girls gymnastics party. There were at least 5 other boys there, it was tons of fun - they did parachute games then set up 2 HUGE obstacle courses for the kids to do. It was a lot of climbing over, under, and around mats, swinging on a rope swing, 3 different ways to jump into a giant foam pit (jump, hang from a bar 6 feet high then jump, and from a trampoline) I'm actually bummed I did a small party for my sons 3 year old party - I will likely do a gymnastics party for him next year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)