Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Beds

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 31 Replies
I need to get my 3 year old dd a bed. She has been sleeping in my bed and it's time she gets out. I'm not sure if I want to get a toddler bed or a twin bed with a guard rail. She weighs about 32 lbs and about 3' tall.

What is your 3 year old sleeping in? Show pics if you have them.
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I don't have any pictures but my son was in a twin size bed at age 3.  I did transition from the crib to a toddler bed but he was in a bed at 21 months so he had plenty of time to use the smaller bed.  If I were you, I would just go with a twin size because your daughter probably won't fit into a toddler size bed much longer.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Toddler beds are a total waste of money imo. My oldest went into a full size (frame low to the ground). My second went into a twin daybed with a rail. I'd always go with something that will grow with them. Either do the rail or keep the mattresses on the floor while she adjusts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM
My kids had twin beds by two. I am sure she will be fine.
All the kids have the beds with drawers under the mattress area
IUMer
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

This is the only picture I have on this computer. Anyway, it is a toddler bed from Ikea, so it is actually a little longer than a normal toddler bed. (I guess so that you will buy their brand of mattress, too.) 

IUMer
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:43 PM

And we have an Elmo guard rail/net thingie so he doesn't fall out of it. 

=)

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM
My kids have all gone to a twin at 18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
My son went from crib to toddler bed around 18months and twin at 3yrs. His is kinda high off the ground but never needed rails.

My dd went from our bed to crib to twin bed at 18months. Hers is lower to the ground and never used rails.
tnunley
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:24 PM

My dd loves the top bunk of the bunk bed.  She's been in a regular bed since 18mo.

[AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:26 PM
A toddler bed is too small for a 3 year old. My kids were both in twins at 2. My youngest just turned 1 and when I move and he has a room he will have a twin right away.
mcfeehan
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I put my son in a twin size bed with a guard rail.  I would say go with the larger size, because it will keep you from having to do another transition when she is too big for the toddler bed.  Good luck with the transition!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN