Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Still scared of vacuum?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

Preschool age and still scared of the vacuum. When did your kids grow out of this?
She will ask if i'm going to use it, or if she sees me handling it. she will run into the other room crying and hide.

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ambergem
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM
DS 5 is still leery. DD 4 and 3 are better. 20 mth old runs circles around it. lol
crazy4chapstick
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM

lol!

i thought we were making progress. i would warn her i was going to start it and she would either go in the other room or you could see her brace herself lol will sitting on her bed with all her stuff animals....but now we are back to full on being scared lol.

Quoting ambergem: DS 5 is still leery. DD 4 and 3 are better. 20 mth old runs circles around it. lol

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM

DS was never scared of the vacuum. In fact, he was obsessed with it.  He wanted to vacuum every chance he got...at our house, my in-laws, even found a family memeber's vacuum cleaner at a cousin's birthday party and attempted to clean their house too. Whenever we were in a store with vacuum cleaner's he'd HAVE to go over and see them, even take them off the shelf and push them around.  Finally, around 2 1/2 he finally grew out of it.  He's almost 4 and will still help me vacuum. 

My mom actually bought DS a a real dust buster before he turned 2.

jencole88
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm... both my girls were afraid of the vacuum. That was until I came up with a game. It didn't work at first, but I would act (very sweetly and obviously playfully) that I was gonna "get them" with the vacuum. Now they start the game on their own when they hear me turn it on. Be warned... You will have to get use to dodging toes!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)