Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your 4 year old misbehave? What's the one thing he/she does that drives you crazy?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I joined this site to see if I'm the only parent that is experiencing such ridiculousness out of my 4 year old. Mind you, she does not act this bad at school. However, she does go to time out at school sometimes for not following directions but for the most part she is good.

Post something that your 4 year old does to misbehave please! And maybe so tips that helped you with the issue.

I'll go first ... :-)
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Suexoxo09
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM
My DD takes over an hour to eat EVERY meal. Nothing we do or say will help speed up the process. She try's to do anything to get out of eating and talks nonstop while at the table. It's a hassle everyday with her and I'm starting to think she thinks it's funny or a game. And I'm 3 months preggo so I'm on the verge of pulling out my hair.

Also, there is many other things but it would take too long to type so I'll say one more... She will not listen to anything I say no matter how many time I tell her to stop or how many times I put her in time out. It is extremely exhausting, and I'm regretting not putting her in summer camp now :-(
CadillacCutie
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Well, my LO is two going on three. She will be starting prek next month. She is a normal toddler at home and when she is way out of line or I'm just plane loosing my cool.. I make her sit on the couch ..time out. (for how old they are is how many minutes they sit) 

We were in ECFE this summer and she is totally different there. Sorry I don't have any advice. Good luck.

Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Yes. Mason likes to Mock Me and Copy Me Alot. It annoys me then when I don't give him attention about it, he throws a fit or runs to Mike and says Mommy is being mean to me. Mike looks at him usually and says "Were you annoying her by playing your copy game?" and usually Mason nods Yes, and Mike replies "Well there you go." LOL.

DKk0531
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Oh yes. Kaylin is....just...ahhhh.

She is very demanding, if we tell her no tv it's quite time to get ready for bed, she says no it's my house and I say it's tv time! She demands I put the baby down and take her outside, or "no I don't want a bath I want a shower" just extremely demanding. She does not listen at all. Doesn't matter how many times we say no. We've started a new punishment, every time we need to say no or ask her to do something more then 3 times she gets a bag of something taken away, it started with stuffies, she gets a full trash bag size taken away of stuffed animals. Then moved to toys, Books. We haven't had to move passed books. But if we have to it will go all the way to nothing but a bed, clothes and light in her room. It's working ok.
mommyflaw
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM

She never straight up tells me no. She will go "Uhm...I don't think I want to do that Mommy." Or "Not right now I don't think mommy." and it just drives me crazy.

Then she bosses everybody around, tries to with me, and lately has decided she no longer likes her bedtime and when I try and pick her up to take her to bed she tries to kick me in my stomach [I'm pregnant]. -sigh- Maybe with school she will exhaust some of that attitude.

BoBoMama08
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Saying NO to everything is very frustrating, along with freaking out (hysterical) when her 17 month old sister even LOOKS at something of hers. 

If we are around family she basically acts like I am a nobody and downright ignores me. I have no idea what is up with that.

Sheila79
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
She wines not like a kid should wine like an adolescent would and she gets this sassy attitude towards anyone and thinks I'm gonna let it slide but my motto is if you are going to act up then I will too on you. There have been time outs, if the time for sweets comes she doesn't get any or she gets sent to bed. My two year old also wines but nothing like her sister at least she understands when no means no
mrs.myers22
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM

my 4 year old son will stright up tell me no and he dont listen to me it like he ignores everything i tell him or ask him to do

SaimyaAndJoeJr
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM
My dd is 5 and she whines about everything it drives me crazy
My dd who is 2 screams at the top of her lungs when she cries and its horrible
Larae1990
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:05 AM
My 3yr old tells me "I'm not gonna play with you no more!" Every time she gets a time out lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)