Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Subscription boxes

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

I have been recieving make-up subscriptions and my DH made a comment about how exciting it was that I got to recieve something in the mail monthly and that he wants to do one for himself and our little one (3).

Do any of yall participate in subscription boxes for kids? I have seen videos of Bluum box, Rhino box, and citrus lane, and kiwi crate; are their any other ones out there that are exciting and worth it? 

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elibellamiah
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I've gotten 4 Citrus Lane boxes and only once felt like it was worth it (with a coupon, not full price). It was fun getting something in the mail every month, but it also felt like a waste of money for stuff I didn't want or wasn't going to use. (cups, plates, band aids, lotion. I just want books and toys for my kids and maybe an occasional snack). I'm curious if any of the other boxes are worth it.  

6fx11ce275
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Right! I just dont think he will stay excited about the boxes if he gets things like bandaids and toothpaste. I have found some crafty boxes but i was hoping to find one with really good toys and books too. From all the videos Ive watched, the boxes usually have one good toy or book and then stuff like bandaids, toothpaste or something for mom which is not terrible but I already get my own subscription so I want something just for him.

Elibellamiah
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Yeah, I didn't mind the band aids and lotion so much when he got a nice toy and book with them, but two of the months I think a set of cups and a plate where considered the child's toys and that really stunk. We always got a book at least. This was for about an 18 month old.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting until LO is older. For now, he gets 2 magazines subscriptions (both were gifts). Babybugs and national geographic little kids. He's not super interested in either.

ANewMe0812
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I did a 3 month Citrus Lane subscription and I really liked the boxes. My little dude enjoyed the toy and/or book that came each month and I felt like for $50, it was worth it.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:56 AM

$50 a month!?!?

Quoting ANewMe0812:

I did a 3 month Citrus Lane subscription and I really liked the boxes. My little dude enjoyed the toy and/or book that came each month and I felt like for $50, it was worth it.

ANewMe0812
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
No, 50 for all 3 months.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

$50 a month!?!?

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

At first my son wasn't into his National Geographic kids either, I think it was about 6 months until he hit about 4.5 and now he LOVES it. He gets very cited when it comes and we've read through all of them a million times now!

Quoting collinsmommy0: I'm waiting until LO is older. For now, he gets 2 magazines subscriptions (both were gifts). Babybugs and national geographic little kids. He's not super interested in either.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM

They are $87 now :/ I just went to their site. That's what? $30 a month?

Quoting ANewMe0812: No, 50 for all 3 months.
Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

$50 a month!?!?

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM

OP, are those two the only sites? BTW, Rhino is discontinued this month...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)