Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sippy cup question

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

When is it a good idea to take ur child off the sippy cup???

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Bump

ambergem
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I did around age 3 when my kids weren't spilling regular cups so easily. DD who turned 3 in May uses a regular cup at the table and I'll grab a sippy if she's mobile with a drink. Our 4 & 5 yo's no longer use sippies.
rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM

How did u get ur 4 and 5 year old to stop taking a sippy cup at all??? Did u do any tricks or just completely take it away???

Quoting ambergem: I did around age 3 when my kids weren't spilling regular cups so easily. DD who turned 3 in May uses a regular cup at the table and I'll grab a sippy if she's mobile with a drink. Our 4 & 5 yo's no longer use sippies.

ambergem
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Just gave them regular cups and talked up them being big kids.

Quoting rocrobin90:

How did u get ur 4 and 5 year old to stop taking a sippy cup at all??? Did u do any tricks or just completely take it away???

Quoting ambergem: I did around age 3 when my kids weren't spilling regular cups so easily. DD who turned 3 in May uses a regular cup at the table and I'll grab a sippy if she's mobile with a drink. Our 4 & 5 yo's no longer use sippies.

rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

ok thx 

Quoting ambergem: Just gave them regular cups and talked up them being big kids.
Quoting rocrobin90:

ambergem
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Used the same sippy with no lid. Now bought simple plastic kid sized cups. I saw a Nanny 911 where she said only have them drink at the table at meal time. No constant sippy. I was doing that too much. lol

Quoting rocrobin90:

ok thx 

Quoting ambergem: Just gave them regular cups and talked up them being big kids.

Quoting rocrobin90:

rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Lol thank you 

Quoting ambergem: Used the same sippy with no lid. Now bought simple plastic kid sized cups. I saw a Nanny 911 where she said only have them drink at the table at meal time. No constant sippy. I was doing that too much. lol
Quoting rocrobin90:

ok thx 

Quoting rocrobin90:

toriandgrace
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My son just turned 3. I took all the regular sippy cups away and bought some take and toss cups with straws. They still spill if flipped, but only a little. My son uses those if he is not at the table. At the table he uses regular cups.
rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Thanks

Quoting toriandgrace: My son just turned 3. I took all the regular sippy cups away and bought some take and toss cups with straws. They still spill if flipped, but only a little. My son uses those if he is not at the table. At the table he uses regular cups.

yuki14
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM
My little one is two, he is using the open cup as we are. I did not train him for that, he want to use the cup and drink water from open cup as we do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)