Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a cleaning routine?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have one only because otherwise nothing would ever get done. I keep myself on a schedule I found on Pinterest.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmnewmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM

haha. I'm pretty much in the 'nothing ever gets done' group. :(
I have found a schedule on pinterest that i think i might start using. I've always been a clean on the weekends kind of girl, but with a 2.5 year old, that doesn't really work anymore.

Wendsdy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I clean every Saturday. I send the kids downstairs to play and clean the upstairs. When I get to the downstairs, I send them outside to play. Once I'm done I bring them in for bath time and then everything...including kids are clean :) I found this works best for me. This way they aren't messing up rooms as I'm cleaning them. Nothing more frustrating than cleaning a room and hearing all the toys being dumped out.  This way the whole house stays clean....for at least a few minutes. Oh and then after bath time and cleaning we finish Saturday off with movie night and a movie of their choice :)

ShutUpImTalking
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Not a schedule but I have the same process everyday. As soon as I wake up I put the coffee on and clean the entire downstairs from top to bottom. After I drink my coffee and have my breakfast and serve the kids their breakfast I'll tackle the upstairs, which only consists of a bathroom, my bedroom, and a hallway because the kids are all responsible for cleaning their own rooms.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
No schedule. I just do what needs to be.done every day.

The house is always spotless. No big messes ever.
newwifenmom
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:07 PM
No I just do what needs to be done daily
JamieC0403
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Nope. I clean the kitchen after dinner and pick up the living room in the morning while I watch the Daily Show from the night before. The fish tank gets cleaned on Fridays. Other than that everything gets cleaned as needed/when I can.

The house is rarely spotless, but usually tidy.
we-r-up-to-4
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM

My house usually looks like a tornado just hit. I need to figure out some way to start keeping it more clean... Maybe when my kids are a little older (they are 8y,5y,2y, and 1.5 weeks)

2ndbabyBumpStar
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I do light cleaning every day, cleaning up after meals and after the children plus laundry and any other necessary chores. Sunday is my big cleaning day, I vacuum, clean the wood floors, dust, clean mirrors and counters, clean the bathroom organize and sanitize the house. 

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Nope

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM

No. We keep the kitchen and parts of the bathroom clean on a daily basis. Other than that, we clean on the weekends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)