Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedtime routines

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
My son is 2 1/2 and our bedtime routine is bath, brush teeth, say goodnight and kiss his father and our dog lol 2-3 bedtime stories then lights out. Just curious what everyone else's routines are like.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:31 PM
My dd is almost two. We do diaper and potty, brush teeth, jammies, read a story, kiss for mom, kiss for dad, bonus kiss for mom, sing a song (or two...or three...)
jenesis509
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Say night to daddy (she procrastinates here)
Brush teeth hair get into jammies
In bed story time kiss from mom (more procrastinating with extra love on mom)
Then lights out she usually has a book to herself falls asleep with it
She's also 2 1/2
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM
We get ready 45 minutes before bedtime. Once my 3 year old is ready (brush/floss teeth, potty, pjs....we do showers in the morning), he gets the iPad until 8 pm. I then finish getting his 1 year old brother ready & clean up a little. Up to bed at 8, read 3 books, then lights out.

I lay with both kids until they fall asleep. We all lay on my bed, baby nurses, and when everyone is asleep I move the baby to his crib and DH moves my 3 year old to his bed. They are both usually back in our bed by midnight
breezy8445
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Lots of procrastinating here too!

Quoting jenesis509: Say night to daddy (she procrastinates here)
She's also 2 1/2
breezy8445
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:57 AM
I lay with my son some nights too and he wakes up and comes in our bed quite a bit. It's just been recently that he started staying in his bed more and more.

Quoting collinsmommy0: We get ready 45 minutes before bedtime. Once my 3 year old is ready (brush/floss teeth, potty, pjs....we do showers in the morning), he gets the iPad until 8 pm. I then finish getting his 1 year old brother ready & clean up a little. Up to bed at 8, read 3 books, then lights out.

I lay with both kids until they fall asleep. We all lay on my bed, baby nurses, and when everyone is asleep I move the baby to his crib and DH moves my 3 year old to his bed. They are both usually back in our bed by midnight
wife-4-life
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:08 AM
We go potty (the older two), change diaper (the younger one), brush teeth, drink of water, kisses & hugs, read a book, sing a song, pray, more kisses & hugs and then sleep.
jenesis509
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Yes she does the "oh but one more kiss/hug" thing lol over and over

Quoting breezy8445: Lots of procrastinating here too!

Quoting jenesis509: Say night to daddy (she procrastinates here)
She's also 2 1/2
Jennacat
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Bath, bedtime story, prayers and bed

aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM

We do baths every other night, but otherwise it's a little bit of milk, brush teeth, books if we have time, good nights and then bed.  He'll be 3 in October.

cbuck88
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

usually we change diaper, put on pjs then sit on the couch with daddy for a few while he drinks his milk.. then brush teeth and get into bed.

he hates bedtime so the process is usually really drawn out or he screams his little head off. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)