Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How often do your kids see their cousins?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 39 Replies

I really wish we lived closer to my kids' cousins. When they are together, they get along so well. We only see them every few months,

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toriandgrace
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM
My kids sadly don't have any cousins. My brothers are taking their sweet time settling down. My husband's siblings too for that matter. They see second cousins and first cousins once removed every few weeks though.
bekaanne0524
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM
My kids don't have cousins yet. My dh and I are both oldest kids.
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:29 PM
At least once a month if not more
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Never. We havnt even met our nephew. BIL and his wife are up tight and crazy.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM
A lot, actually. My brother and SIL live 30 mins away with their 3 girls. They are nearly 12, 10 (next week) and almost 6. My kids are 7 1\2, 5 and 3 months. My oldest son and youngest niece did preschool together for 6 months and then my 5 year old and youngest niece were in preschool together for the following 2 years. My oldest son and middle niece are in art camp together this week and they are all coming over for dinner tomorrow.

My oldest brother and sister aren't having kids so these are really our only cousins. Actually, one BIL has a son but he's nearly my age. The second cousins are the same age as my second and third kids but they live a state away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Very rarely. He's only met 2 out of his 7 cousins. Only one cousin lives in the U.S, the rest live in Africa and England. My son loves to Skype with his cousins in England though.

Elegy
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM

A few times a month, usually. They're all right around the same age (7 kids total, oldest almost 4, youngest 2 months) so it's fun watching them grow up together :)

PeachQuean
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM
My kids are 12,6,2
My brothers kids are 15,13, they see them a few times a yr, they chat daily on facetime or Facebook tho. Write letters talk on the phone or text.
My Aunts kids (their 2nd cousins) are 15,13 and they see each other weekly basically.

All the kids are girls, except my poor 15 yr old nephew.

All other cousins in my family are older with kids of their own, and we're not close (I haven't seen them in 15+ yrs myself) lol

Cousins from their dad's side never, their dad's are not in their lives. Lol
Mystres
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Out of state family maybe 2 times a year.  Family in same state once a month

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM
They see their cousins on my side at least once a week. Their dads side 1-2 times a year.

All their cousins are older except for the 3 youngest ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN