Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I've had it.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Don't let that sweet little girl (dd2) up there fool you. Oh my. I am beyond frustrated with her. She has a nasty temper and just very narcissistic (but what 3yo isn't I guess). If it's not how she wants it or it's not her way she has the worst tantrums. I've been consistent with her and cannot seem to get through to her. If there was a toddler boot camp I send her in a heart beat. I've tried so many things to try and correct the behavior. I have 3 kids. She is the only one like this. I've tried giving her distractions and creative stuff to do but it always turns out to be a battle. I've even in a desperate state, tried ignoring the tantrums but the got WORSE. My DH doesn't get it because she isn't like that for him. And when she is she snaps out of it right away when he corrects her with a stern voice. It's so bad that I'm considering getting a job and making DH stay home with the kids. I could pull my hair out. What have I done wrong with her? I've obviously failed her so much!! She is the kid that keeps people from wanting to have kids. I wanted a fourth baby but between dd2 and dd3's health stuff I am soooooooo done. What more can I do???
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. When my oldest throws her fits ignoring her doesn't help either. So you not alone in that boat.

Is there anyway you can get her into an activity like dance, gymnastics or something like that. I noticed when I had my oldest in dance it helped.

My youngest dd has eczema and allergies so she tends to get a little more attention because of that. I noticed it was bothering her older sister.
allison713
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel your pain my 3 year old has been driving me up the wall but I figured because she's not the baby anymore i have a two month and she may be not getting the attention she is used to that now if she's really kind of acting out because my mom doesn't make it no easy by babying her.
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Dd2 has been this way since about 15months. Even before I had dd3 (I was pregnant though). And dd3 has gastroparesis and some physical (not mental) delays.

I love the idea of an outside the house activity.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Hugs. When my oldest throws her fits ignoring her doesn't help either. So you not alone in that boat.

Is there anyway you can get her into an activity like dance, gymnastics or something like that. I noticed when I had my oldest in dance it helped.

My youngest dd has eczema and allergies so she tends to get a little more attention because of that. I noticed it was bothering her older sister.
2ndbabyBumpStar
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is three years old and he is the trouble maker of the family. 

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM
How old is dd 2? My oldest is 3.

Yes even if you can just have some one on one time with her.

Check your local recreation center and see what they have.

Quoting wife-4-life: Dd2 has been this way since about 15months. Even before I had dd3 (I was pregnant though). And dd3 has gastroparesis and some physical (not mental) delays.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Hugs. When my oldest throws her fits ignoring her doesn't help either. So you not alone in that boat.

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I have 3 total:
Dd1 is 4
Dd2 turns 3 in 2wks
And dd3 is 18months.

I've tried mommy-daughter dates but get so stressed because she hardy listens to my instruction when we are out. She is a total wild child. Don't get me wrong, sometimes she does so well but that is few and far between.

Quoting SophiaKsMom: How old is dd 2? My oldest is 3.

Yes even if you can just have some one on one time with her.

Check your local recreation center and see what they have.

Quoting wife-4-life: Dd2 has been this way since about 15months. Even before I had dd3 (I was pregnant though). And dd3 has gastroparesis and some physical (not mental) delays.

uatw14
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is exactly like that. She's an only child, though. I've been consistent since she was 12 months old and I started discipline, but nothing I do works. It's just defiance and disobediance and tantrums and whining. I'm hoping it's just a terrible 2s thing and she'll grow out of it, but hasn't happened yet :(

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I say the same thing. But it's turning into terrible threes now. :(

Quoting uatw14:

My daughter is exactly like that. She's an only child, though. I've been consistent since she was 12 months old and I started discipline, but nothing I do works. It's just defiance and disobediance and tantrums and whining. I'm hoping it's just a terrible 2s thing and she'll grow out of it, but hasn't happened yet :(

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Its called 3 acting like a teenager. Attitude and all.
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Oh my, I can't imagine her as a teenager!

Quoting SophiaKsMom: Its called 3 acting like a teenager. Attitude and all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)