Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

is it okay for teacher to

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM
  • 36 Replies
my daughter is in kindergarden this year her teacher posts activities that they do during the day on Facebook. she sent out an email to all the parents saying if you do not want your child on Facebook let her know so she won't post them.

would you let the teacher post picture on Facebook?
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this on her personal page or is it a class Facebook page/group for parents to join?
allison713
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Yes it's a class Facebook for parents but it's not private pg bc i dont have Facebook but it allows me to go on the page and look at the pictures.
DN0818
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would check the school district's policy. My son's does not allow anyone, including parents, to post pictures on FB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DN0818
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I wouldn't allow it. That means anybody can look and then find your child at the school.

Quoting allison713: Yes it's a class Facebook for parents but it's not private pg bc i dont have Facebook but it allows me to go on the page and look at the pictures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allison713
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM
That was my first thought wen i click in the link on.my email. I don't use Facebook so idk how it work but i.thought it was cool bc her dad could c.what she.doing in school since we live in different state.

Quoting DN0818: I wouldn't allow it. That means anybody can look and then find your child at the school.

Quoting allison713: Yes it's a class Facebook for parents but it's not private pg bc i dont have Facebook but it allows me to go on the page and look at the pictures.
TXHulaMama
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I would only consider it if it were a closed page open only to family. Even then though, if she didn't create a new page every year, or remove all the pictures at the end of the year, then people who joined the page after would be able to see the pictures and do what they want to with it.

jmnewmommy
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM

If it were a closed page I would consider it, but otherwise, no. I would definitely check with the school and see what their policy is about social media because that doesn't sound like something that should be happening at all. Teachers shouldn't be able to post pictures of children on public websites. Yikes!

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM

With a closed page I would be okay with it.A public/open page,no way.

I would prefer the teacher not have a class page altogether though.

cherylw993
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM

My daughter is in Pre school and her school post pics on their Facebook page. I singed a waiver giving permission.

Jade_Lynn
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN