Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Preschool School Supply List?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

Did you end up with a school supply list for your preschooler? If so, what was on that list? My daughter won't start until November because of her birthday and will need to be placed in special eduation classroom, I am only asking because I wat to know what to buy now while the school supplies are on sale. I won't get a school supply list until October when the sales are no longer sales and are expesive to buy by then. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help.

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toriandgrace
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM
My daughter went to a special needs preschool through the school district and didn't need to provide any supplies. I work at a private preschool and we have a $50 registration fee that covers all supplies. I recommend calling the school and asking. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have a list.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I would call and ask.

Likely she will need a backpack and lunchbox (for a snack).

I'm sure the teacher would appreciate things like crayons, expo markers, Kleenex boxes, baby wipes, sticky notes, etc.
tnunley
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Well, my dd is in the public shcool system for pre-k.  It is designed for lower income families, so the school provides everything that is needed and breakfast and lunch are provided. 

[AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
The only thing my son needs is a back pack. The school supplies the rest.
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Like others have said I would call and ask. I know where I live the pre-k has a school supply list. 

rocrobin90
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM

My son is not going to pre k but I checked the list online and it says for pre k at our school to bring clorox wipes, crayons, extra change of clothes, nap time mat, bookbag and they have to wear uniforms. Every school is different. I guess call them and ask them to make sure.

Claudia523
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM

My child went to a Head Start program where we live and we didn't have to supply anything. Although they always except DONATIONS of any kind.

PeppyInPink
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM

My son starts Sept. 2nd and we haven't been told of any supplies we'd need to buy, however he is going to a step up to quality school and it's not through the school district so maybe the montly fee goes toward things others may normally have to buy. He does need a backpack but that's to tote his work back home from the day. 

Nyk1187
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

My daughter is starting preschool in September - her school supply list was:

Crayons

Washable markers

Dry erase markers

Glue sticks

Folder

Backpack

Snack

Juice

Watercolor paints

Oversize tshirt for painting

Soap

Paper towel

Dixie cups

Paper plates

... I think that was about it.

embrigmom
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM

You can ask the school for a list. But I think a good starting point would be

a back pack

a folder for papers going between home and school

Crayons

Over sized shirt or smock for painting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN