Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

ds won't pee standing up

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 18 Replies
Ds wil b 4 this wkend but he insists on sitting down to pee. We ask him to stand up and try but he'd rather not. Should i worry or how can i get him to stand up?
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My my son will be 5 in January and I'm in no hurry to have him stand. It's way messier because it requires a bit of hand-eye coordination. Plus if he's not tall enough he'll have to stand on a stool. My DS was really difficult to potty train though so for us just going potty in the potty is a huge accomplishment. I would say don't stress about it though because it's not like he'll never learn or be able to do it. Who cares when he does?

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
As a mom of 5 boys I don't stress over it. They all figure it out eventually and then you have the issue of poor aim. Lol
RKL10
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM
My husband pees sitting down they messed up his circumcision and had to do it twice so he prefers sitting less worry of pee going everywhere. I don't see the big deal with your son sitting down since he more then likely make it in lol good luck though
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM
My son is 3 & doesn't pee standing up yet, I'm not concerned.

I mostly want him to pee standing up so public toilets are easier, at home I'd rather he sit down to pee.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I say, let them pee sitting if they want.  Less misses to clean up.

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:01 PM

As long as he remembers to point it down, this is a non-issue.

smorgan865
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM
My DH sits down. My 5 1/2 year old JUST started wanting to stand. Out if the blue one day he just started doing it. I noticed he was peeing before a bath one night just kind if arching his back to aim. Uhhhhh. Nope. We had the "hold and aim down" conversation. So far he seems to be good. PLUS he puts the seats back down. But it's always been a habit to close the toilet seat completely, because we have cats that liked to play in the water.
dyrissa
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Hes peeing in the potty...mission accomplished! :D
Cormorant
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Don't be in to big of a rush ... my 12 yr old I wish would sit ... I'm suprised some of the places we find pee in that bathroom.

opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:15 PM
He will out grow iy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN