Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Morning or afternoon?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 37 Replies
I'm sure this is done every year, but I'm curious. If you have an option of morning or afternoon preschool or kindergarten, which did/would you pick and why?

My 4 year olds just started afternoon pre k (12-2:45). Last year we registered really late for a program and got stuck with the 7:30-10 time. We are not early risers by nature and I have 2 younger kids at home, so this year I decided to stop the insanity of trying to get everyone out the door by 7:15 am. It was really hard on me. I love having another year to sleep in (7:30) and be a little lazy in the mornings. Full day kindergarten will be here soon enough!
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elegy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be doing mornings. We get up early anyway though (usually 6-6:30) so it's not a big deal for us, plus the pre-k program kidlet will be in starts at 9.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old has all day kindergarten, from 8:30 to 2:30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smorgan865
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids attend daycare, but they still learn like a preschool. So they are all day.

Kindergarten around here is also all day.
ERMDK
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Dd2 (she will be 3 in November) starts a program next week which will be 9-1:30, but only 2 days per week. When the twins were 2, they went from 9:15-11:50, 2 days per week, and that was fine.

If morning public pre-k started at 9 or later, I would take that one. But it doesn't. 😞 Hey, someone has to be in the afternoon classes, right?
PacMan80
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My 1 and 2 yr old are in preschool.  They go from 930-130.  I wouldn't choose an afternoon option, if offered, as they are napping.  Elementary school is 8:45-3:45 (including Kindergarden).  We're morning people, so it works for us.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
We do preschool at home, I usually do it around 10 am.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM
My 4 yo will be in preschool from 9-12:30 five days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ERMDK
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I wish we had a 9:00 option!

Quoting waytomanykids10: My 4 yo will be in preschool from 9-12:30 five days a week.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have done afternoons. I homeschool though and we usually do school around 8 or 9 but we are also usually in pjs still. ;-) I did a pre-k program with my oldest when she was 4 that started at 8:15 and lasted until 1:30 and it was awful. I had my then 4 year old who is not a morning person if she has to be woken up, my then 2 year old, and I was pregnant until March when I added in a newborn to the mix who had colic and reflux. We had an awful experience with the teacher anyways so I decided to try homeschooling for kindergarten and it was awesome! Both the girls (4 and 6 now) chose to be homeschooled this year for 1st and kindergarten so we're going to do that and the last couple days we have done just a small bit to get used to it again after the summer and I love it being able to still have a relaxed morning. :-)

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Where I live you have the option of morning, afternoon or all day kindergarten. As for the preschool program in the school they have a morning and afternoon option but they have the 3 year olds go in the morning and the 4/5s in the afternoon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)