Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Teething

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was wondering if any one else has had this issue. My 2 year old son we think has more teeth coming in he has had the nasty poops sinse I went to pick him up from daycare. He also had a fever last Friday and was complaining about his teeth hurting. Has your kids had this same problem.

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Is it 2 year old molars?
The molars are some of the hardest in teething.
Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

That's what we are thinking because the only time he ever has had a fever is when he was teething . I still don't understand the diarieah .

ThatQuoting wife-4-life: Is it 2 year old molars? The molars are some of the hardest in teething.

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Mine were fine all through teething but those 2 year old molars are the worst..I gave them panadol, bonjela and gave them a cold wash cloth to chew on as they never like teething rings or anything.even a carrot to chew on but I found the washcloth they liked most.

Quoting Landon2012:

I was wondering if any one else has had this issue. My 2 year old son we think has more teeth coming in he has had the nasty poops sinse I went to pick him up from daycare. He also had a fever last Friday and was complaining about his teeth hurting. Has your kids had this same problem.

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Diarrhea can be normal for teething. Teething causes acidic drool/saliva and when they swallow that extra saliva that has more acids it causes thinner stools. 2 of my 3 girls had diarrhea with teething- especially with the molars and "I" teeth.

Quoting Landon2012:

That's what we are thinking because the only time he ever has had a fever is when he was teething . I still don't understand the diarieah .

ThatQuoting wife-4-life: Is it 2 year old molars?

The molars are some of the hardest in teething.

Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Ok thank you for the tip I will have to try that.

Quoting mummyoftwins92: Mine were fine all through teething but those 2 year old molars are the worst..I gave them panadol, bonjela and gave them a cold wash cloth to chew on as they never like teething rings or anything.even a carrot to chew on but I found the washcloth they liked most.
Quoting Landon2012:

Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

He will be 3 in jan for some reason I thought he would be done by now.

Quoting wife-4-life: Diarrhea can be normal for teething. Teething causes acidic drool/saliva and when they swallow that extra saliva that has more acids it causes thinner stools. 2 of my 3 girls had diarrhea with teething- especially with the molars and "I" teeth.
Quoting Landon2012:

ThatQuoting wife-4-life: Is it 2 year old molars? The molars are some of the hardest in teething.

Boogiefly
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Yep. Sounds like teething to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN