Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Boy crazy?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 1 Replies
It seems as though my 4.5 year old DD is boy crazy recently. She comes home from preschool talking about certain boys "always wanting to play" with her, spelling their names out loud, and gets super embarrassed when she sees their parents. She says her friend LOVES this boy or her friend said she was going kiss a boy. They even seem to get so excited about holding hands for walking to the cafeteria. Is this wAaaay to early for girls to be boy crazy? Is my DD just more vocal about stuff that maybe others are wondering about it their head? We don't know how to respond to her. Don't want to put her in the wrong direction.
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bloomsr
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM
My daughter is 4 1/2 and has absolutely no interest in boys in any wau other than playing. I have sheltered her from a lot of girl and boy intimacy things.

The only Disney princess movie she has seen is Frozen, her My Little Pony Canterlot Wedding castle has always been referred to as "the birthday party castle", we don't play any boyfriend/girlfriend scenarios w barbies (she does play mommy a lot though).

I would be pretty uncomfortable with my 4 yo child (boy or girl) talking about kissing or holding hands in an amorous manner. Have you talked to her about why she is so focused on certain boys? Make sure she knows you are always available for her to talk to. Maybe go on a mommy/daughter lunch date to start a tradition of one on one time to build a stronger relationship w her as she grows up:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)