Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty Training Help!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter is 21 months.  Now before anyone says she could just be too young, I AGREE! But everytime she goes pee or poo in her diaper she takes it off, brings me it, a new diaper, and wipes; and wants to be changed.  

So, we decided to put her in undies today.  We tried to make it a big deal.... "YAY BIG GIRL UNDIES..." ETC.  We also made her new potty chair (and the potty seat for the grown up potty) a big deal as well.  She seemed excited.  But she doesn't seem to understand, because we've only been in undies for two hours and she's had two pee pee accidents.  

I'm not sure if I should do suck it up and deal with the pee/poo diapers coming off for longer or keep trying with her.  Tips, advice, opinions? Thanks in Advance!

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jlbelknap35
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Let her go naked and yes you will have to clean up messes but its the nature of the beast. She might not get it though for a while. And really might not be as ready as she seams.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM
She sounds too young. Knowing your wet and wanting to be changed is not a sign of readiness. My son did the same thing at 15 months. Being ready is knowing BEFORE you go. Which a year later my son is just finally starting to get.
Scoots255
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My youngest does the same thing, only when i put her onto her potty, we can sit there for what seems like FOREVER and nothing comes out.  I've even gone back to pouring warm water on her down there, it worked with my other 2.  This one will tinkle though after we get up and pull up that pull up.  All i can say is just keep trying, keep taking her every 5 minutes if possible, read a book to her or let her read to you while sitting on the potty.  Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)