Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

toddlers manners is it possible?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 2 Replies
How do you teach your toddler nanners? Like eating slowly, no mess, clean up instead of just dropping everything around and making a huge mess where ever the child goes..is it just some pep have tornado type kids and others have the calm storm types.?
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:18 PM
My son is only allowed to bring out one set of toys at a time. He's 2 and he knows he must clean up his trains before taking out his Legos. I just continuously made sure he did it. He does it without asking now.

For eating I let him eat how he wants. The better he gets at motor control the better he eats. If he spills then he cleans it up.

My kid is defiantly not calm either by the way. If he could he would just drop everything and run. We've been very consistent with him and it pays off. He is very well mannered, uses please and thank you, cleans up his messes and he's not even 2 1/2 yet.
PacMan80
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

No, my DS is a tornado.  DD was never.  I think it's more boy vs girl thing.  However, he has been saying please and thank you since 12 mos, so I consider that a victory and take what i can get.  He's still young.  so I expect it to get better once he hits 2, plus his preschool will help (2 x's a wk for 4 hours each).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)