Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Compact SUV

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM
  • 15 Replies
Anyone own a compact SUV? DH & I are thinking of getting one - I have a honda civic right now and it's fine but we want something for longer car trips (1-3 hour drives). DH owns an electric vehicle so we only use that for local places (100 miles is the range on that)

I've looked at Honda cr-v, vw tiquana, & Mazda cx5 (or something like that).

Opinions? Pros/cons?
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Have you looked into a Jeep??

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Nope sorry, I have a suburban, which I love. :)

Here's a bump.
ShutUpImTalking
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I have a Buick Enclave. It's a large SUV, but I LOVE it.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM
No, I assumed they aren't compact. We have a small garage & live in an urban area, so finding something small is important.

Do they have a compact model?

Quoting liss05:

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:56 PM
I don't think the jeep Cherokee is full size. I thinks it's comparable to Chevy trailblazer which is smaller than a Tahoe & suburban.

Quoting collinsmommy0: No, I assumed they aren't compact. We have a small garage & live in an urban area, so finding something small is important.

Do they have a compact model?

Quoting liss05:

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:57 PM
My BFF had a Toyota rav4 and loves it.
ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I had a 2014 highlander (new body style) that we bought in Jan and it was awesome! If we only had a couple kids it would be perfect but it was too small and when we found out we were expecting again a few weeks after we got it we know we would have to trade it in:(
Seriously loved it though, great leather, awesome upgrades, the whole car would light up when I got close with the key, radio paused if I got a call so I didn't miss my song lol it was a pricey girl 42k I believe but fast and fun to drive:)
We went ahead and got the sequoia last month for the space but like I said if we weren't expecting the highlander was awesome!
liss05
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Pretty much all of them are compact I have a Grand Cherokee(2012) and it fits pefectly in the garage.Patriots,Liberty's and Compass are their smaller models (Rav4 size).How many seats are you looking for MSN autos has a pretty good tab for helping narrow down car models in your price,size range.Good Luck car shopping is fun imo. :)

Quoting collinsmommy0: No, I assumed they aren't compact. We have a small garage & live in an urban area, so finding something small is important. Do they have a compact model?
Quoting liss05:

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My brother has a Subaru Forester and they love it. 

mandalyn74
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I drive a Nissan Rogue and I love it.  I used to have the Armada which has room for 8 people but it was killing us on gas so I downgraded.  There are times when I wish I had the bigger one still if I need to carry something big or have to take two cars someplace with friends/family but I really do think it is the perfect size for us and our two kids.  If I get anything else I would probably get a minivan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)