Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd Too young for movie theater?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

My daughter is about two and a half and obsessed with anything and everything my little pony. They are coming out with a new movie in a few weeks that will be only in select theaters. would she be too younge still for the movie theater? I know she would love the movie but I know how excited she gets around ponies and just loves to watch them... Any suggestions? 

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM
It depends on the child.

My son saw the movie Disney Cars at the theater around that age.
wife-4-life
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I've taken my 2-1/2yo to a couple movies.

I say it all depends on if they have the attention span to sit and watch a full movie quietly- as quietly as a child can. :)
nocalmegan
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Depends. Callie wouldn't sit through a movie until about 3. Lexi will sit through a movie and she's not even two.
JCKitten87
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Dd is 6 now & hasn't seen a movie in theater. I don't think she could sit & be quiet that long in an unfamiliar setting when she doesn't sit for movies at home
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM
If she can watch a movie at home, all the way through, then she should be okay at a movie.

You could always do a matinee, show up 15 min after it starts (skip the preview) & bring snacks & see how long she lasts
athorne09
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM

She should be ok if she is able to keep her interest in things that she likes for an extended period of time with out interrupting the others in the room. Just use your instincts and if you feel that she would do ok, just try. It might take a couple of times to get her to get used to sitting still for 2 hours.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM

mine started going to the summer movie club at birth...so they go to matinee or kids only type movies with no issues. 

trfgirl56701
by on Sep. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM

DS was around 2.5 when we went to see The Croods. I took him recently to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. He does really well but has to sit in my lap because he's too skinny even at 4 to hold the chair down

maria1613
by on Sep. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Depends on the child. We took dd to see Lego Movie in the theatre and she didn't make it through the movie without getting bored. My nephew is 6 months younger than dd and loves movies
Randi02
by on Sep. 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I would take her :)

Mine have been going to theatres since they were only a few months old. Around 2 is when they started actually sitting through a movie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)