Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to lose my mind!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
My oldest son will be 3 in January and OMFG he cries over EVERYTHING!!!!!! It doesn't matter what it is. Bedtime, he'll cry if I tell him to eat or its bath time (which he used to love) he'll be watching one of his shows that one will be over I'll tell ok that's enough tv he'll throw a tantrum over it. It's driving me nuts!!! Like we'll be laying in bed and I'll move just a little and he'll scream I don't know why he's acting like this. It's a new thing. Please tell me this is a new thing with almost 3 yr olds. I'm outta ideas. I've sent him to the corner I've tried talking calmly to him asking what's wrong?! I'm just at the point of going crazy bc of how much he cries. HELP PLEASE!!!!
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybear91
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Bump for mommy advice.
mommybear91
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Yay I'm featured lol
mandaschelle
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Welcome to 3
It has been my personal year of hell. Dd will be 4 next month and is finally settling down some but still has her moments.
I live for nap time and bed time.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
He's 3, his frontal lobe is under developed. Emotional control is not something he has yet.

Think of something really bad that happened to you and how it felt and x that by 10. That's how your child feels every day, multiple times a day. There's no emotional regulation yet, so seriously everything to a toddler feels horrible.

I have a few questions though:
-how well is his speech?
And how do you react to his tantrums?
mommybear91
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM
His speech is getting much much better. If I get to aggravated I walk away and try to calm down.

Quoting Retrokitty: He's 3, his frontal lobe is under developed. Emotional control is not something he has yet.

Think of something really bad that happened to you and how it felt and x that by 10. That's how your child feels every day, multiple times a day. There's no emotional regulation yet, so seriously everything to a toddler feels horrible.

I have a few questions though:
-how well is his speech?
And how do you react to his tantrums?
mommybear91
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Really? I thought two was the worse year.

Quoting mandaschelle: Welcome to 3
It has been my personal year of hell. Dd will be 4 next month and is finally settling down some but still has her moments.
I live for nap time and bed time.
TalulaBelleLove
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
3 sucks! Terrible 2s are nothing compared to tantrum 3s. It gets better when they get close to 4. Hang in there! Hugs
alldaymommy
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I laughed when I read this. My son is 3...I feel your pain..oh yes yes I do LOL
Nothing I do is good enough. Fast enough. Or remotely what he wants. Lol lol..
mamak3211
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM
My reaction was the same.

Seriously I never heard of 3 being bad until my daughter was 2. I was like oh it can't be worse than 2. It is! The attitude, the whining, and yes- nothing is ever done exactly how they want it. I hear it ends. Boy do I hope so!

Quoting alldaymommy: I laughed when I read this. My son is 3...I feel your pain..oh yes yes I do LOL
alldaymommy
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM
My sons dad can barely handle it... it's hard for me too but I'm better about blocking it out than him, im more patient.
Earlier this morning my son was crying about nothing and everything! It was ridiculous but at the same time I felt bad because he was actually crying the "real" tears... nothing was wrong..but he was just soooo upset.
Lol it sucks. Forreal

Quoting mamak3211: My reaction was the same.

Seriously I never heard of 3 being bad until my daughter was 2. I was like oh it can't be worse than 2. It is! The attitude, the whining, and yes- nothing is ever done exactly how they want it. I hear it ends. Boy do I hope so!

Quoting alldaymommy: I laughed when I read this. My son is 3...I feel your pain..oh yes yes I do LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)