Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My five year old son....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son is five and I am a single mother.  His father takes him on the weekends.  I have been going through a lot of stressful situations in the last month but I try to not let my son feel the effect of these situations.  My son lately has been acting out, like he senses something is wrong.  He refuses to get up for school, get on the bus and listen to me in general.  Today was the worst, he laid out in the middle of the driveway as the bus was waiting to pick him up.  The bus just took off, without him and I brought him to school, which I usually do but my car needs to be fixed.  The other parents were just staring at me and judging me.  I was so embarrassed by what he did.  Then I just got set off, I was yelling at him and almost had to drag him back to the apartment and brought him to school.  I am not sure what to do.  I contacted the teacher and was going to ask her if something was happening in school.  I yelled and then we were going into the house and he ran into the house and fell and just laid there so I had to deal with another situation, again.  I feel hopeless, any advice?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
othermom
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM

The most important advice I have it to try to stay calm. I know it is tough, but if he is acting up and you lose your temper it makes the situation worse. Maybe send a email to the teacher to see if anything is going on at school or how he is acting at school. Maybe talk to his dad as well. Kids that age can sometimes be little stinkers

tbulone
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM
If you've been stressed thats probably why. Anytime my dd acts up over time I make time for just the two of us, no distraction no one else and we do something fun and I talk to her and ask questions about how shes feeling. It helps. Good luck
cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Sorry you both are having a tough time.  My daughter's been acting out lately too, I know it's because we're in between houses and staying with my parents and it's a really crazy crowded living situation.  I just try my hardest to stay calm and handle things as peacefully as possible (doesn't always happen lol).  Hang in there, this will pass.  Just give him lots of love and support in the mean time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)