Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing DS for baby

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:46 AM
  • 2 Replies

DS will be 2 1/2 when DD arrives in December. I am looking for advice on how to make the transition from only child to big brother as painless as possible. We talk about the baby often and we read stories about being a big brother but I am still worried about how he is going to handle it when she is finally here. What are some ways you prepared your little ones for new baby and what are some creative ways you got them involved so they didn't feel left out? Thank you :) 

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommybear91
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:50 AM
My oldest wasn't even one yet when his brother came he was so excited he didn't know how to react lol it was cute he kept laughing a poking him now they are best friends (for now lol) I'm sure your son will be so excited when his brother comes.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM
The same as you are - books & talking. We also went to build a bear and he made a bear, then we pretended it was a baby before baby came (I 'nursed' the bear, we did diaper changes, I snapped him into the baby's car seat one time, etc).

Right after baby came it went really well, the big transitions were when DH went back to work (baby was 2 weeks old) and that I couldn't really pick up my older son anymore/not as much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)