Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old throwing up

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm not sure what to be giving my 2 year old daughter. She started throwing up last night. A few times during the night. She asked for water, and threw it all back up after she drank it. Today She Hasn't Eaten Anything. What can she drink that's easier on the stomach? I can make koolaid but I don't have any way to get to the store for Gatorade or anything.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Butterflysky_24
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Bump
mommybear91
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Bring her to the doctors or if it's to late go to the er.
Butterflysky_24
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM
She has stopped throwing up by now so I'm going to try Pedia lite and chicken soup and stomach gentle foods and hope something stays down. What will they do at the ER or doctor for her?
Landon2012
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM

It's sounds like she has a flu bug make sure you give her peditalyte it will get her electrolytes back up. Do not give her koolaid or anything with caffeine .

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM
While vomiting ive found the best thing for each kid is different. My daughter does better if she just doesnt do liquids until it seems to have passed (ill force a few sips an hour if it goes on past a few hours). For my son a sip of gatorade or some kind of light juice every ten minutes seems to keep him going, popsicles, and my kids do better with the pediasure clear juice boxes than the pedialyte in the big jug, i think the box helps them ignore how yucky it is lol

I hope she feels better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM
And once she can hold things down get a chewable probiotic into her so her gi tract can reset :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheerioHolder
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Anything clear other than water. Having some salt/sugar in it is a good thing. Pedialite, gingerale, gatorade etc.

If she doesn't stop throwing up and becomes dehydrated the er can give her an IV and also medicine to take home that will keep her from puking anymore.

Good luck! Hope she feels better soon!
Butterflysky_24
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Thanks everyone! She finally stopped puking and has been drinking pedialyte
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)