Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do your toddlers use their imaginations with their toys?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM
  • 39 Replies

When it comes to play time how do your toddlers use their imaginations with their toys?  What are their favorite toys?

toddler boy       toddler girl

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM

roam roammmmmmmmmm, rock a bye baby , waaaaa. 

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My children are always creating games out of their toys. My daughter right now likes baby dolls the most and her doll house. She play acts that she is a mom. I hear her saying things to her baby, I say lol and the same with her doll house. She also likes to play dress up.

My boys love airplanes, cars, trains and make up crazy games. They pretend they are hunting for tigers in a jungle, running away from zombies, they pretend they are in races or they need to save people. They pretend to be firefighters and pilots as well.

cjsjellybean
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My son likes to play with cars and trucks.  He is so cute making all the noises with them.

cjsjellybean
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My 3.5 year old is really into barbies now.  LOL last night when my husband took her to bed she asked to play barbies with him (they play every night).  She picked up her barbie and started making her dance and talk and my husband noticed it had no head.  He asked where the head was and DD looked down, nervously laughed (she had NO idea it wasnt on) and then raced out of her room and downstairs screaming.  She was TERRIFIED!

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

My 3 year old loves babies and pretending to take care of them, take them for walks etc. She also loves to play restaurant. She'll pretend to take your order, then she goes to her toy kitchen to 'make' it.

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now he's really into his trains. Its funny to watch and the things he makes the trains do. Also we were readding the 3 little pigs the other day so he keeps prendtending hes a wolf and blows everything down. Its cute until he tries to blow his sister out of her swing. rarely his toys are used for their made purpose but more what he pretends they be.

sanj1213
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My son pretends to fly his plane and makes noises. Lands the plane and puts fuel in it.
LaniBee
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Oh no, poor baby! 

My 2 girls are teenagers now, but when they were little, we had so many Barbie dolls all over the house. Every time I got into my shower, I had to step over several headless, naked Barbie's. I get why they were naked, but I have no idea what happened to the heads!  lol

Quoting cjsjellybean:

My 3.5 year old is really into barbies now.  LOL last night when my husband took her to bed she asked to play barbies with him (they play every night).  She picked up her barbie and started making her dance and talk and my husband noticed it had no head.  He asked where the head was and DD looked down, nervously laughed (she had NO idea it wasnt on) and then raced out of her room and downstairs screaming.  She was TERRIFIED!

RobynS
by Robyn on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I love when my kids take one thing and turn it into another. For example, no matter how many cars they might have, they will still build a car out of mega blocks or something...or use blocks as "food" for their stuffed animals.

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Just last night my 2 year old was playing with Elsa and Hans toys in a castle my SIL made for my 5 year old. She had a dragon capturing Elsa from the castle and Hans was rescuing her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)