Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your toddler do this?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:40 AM
  • 3 Replies
We put our LO (she will be 3 in Jan.) in a big girl bed about a month and half ago when she was in her crib she never woke up in the middle of the night she was a great sleeper, but we put her in a big girl bed because she started to climb out of the crib and we needed the crib for her sister. When we put her in a big girl bed and she would get up a couple of times but than would fall asleep and stay asleep. Her baby sister who is 5 months shares a room with her (yes she still gets up at night to nurse) but my oldest now gets up every night and stays up for example yesterday she was up from went to bed at 9pm go up at 1 stayed up from 1am-6am than went back to sleep until 11:30am. I thought maybe her sister was waking her up when she cries but yesterday she woke up and my youngest was still sleeping. Today when I got my youngest to nurse she was still sleeping I was ready to put my youngest back to bed and my oldest wakes up. I have tried a lot if things to get her back to sleep like: have her lay in my bed with me, lay in my bed with age approaiate show on, lay in bed with her, send her back to her several times, given her the tablet to watch her favorite tv show (I know that is not the best thing to do but it keeps her in bed). I am already exhausted with my youngest waking up every 4-6 hours to eat at night now I have a toddler getting up; at least with my infant she goes right back to sleep after I nurse her. So after several hours of being awake she eventually falls asleep sometimes she stays up from 4am-9:30am than sleeps from 9:30am-1pm. I don't know how much longer I can do this she has been doing this since the end of October I am so exhausted and don't know what to do any tips or advice needed!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lost2013
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Bump
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM
My 3 year old does that sporadically. The first time she did it was when she was two. She woke up at 1 and stayed awake until 6. I did the same thing as you and got so desperate two hours in that I let her watch Mickey just so I could sleep. Two weeks later she woke up in the middle of the night and asked for Mickey. I knew right then that I couldn't do anything to entertain her when she woke up.

The last time my daughter did it it was a few months ago. She was up from 1-5 and full of energy. I didn't let her have anything fun. I didn't want her to think if she wakes up in the middle of the night that it's going to be play time. Once she finally fell asleep at 5am I only let her sleep until 7am so we would have an easier time at bedtime.

Hopefully it's just a phase with your daughter. I would try to play music softly and see if that helps.
bnt1129
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I would keep her up in the mornings . It sounds like her schedule may have gotten messed up. If she stays up till 9 maybe let her sleep till 11. Then keep her up all day no naps.that way by bedtime she is very tired! That's what I would do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)