Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old with food allergies

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi my 4 year old started preschool this year and hes only goes 2 days a week but due to his milk and nut allergy I pack his lunch when he goes to school and I feel like Im always packing him the samething, any of you moms out there have kids with food allergies have any ideas for packed lunches? I pack sandwiches and soups alot. Thanks ladies!

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids don't have food allergies but they both have kids in their classes with milk and nut allergies. I'll be honest though, even though my kids don't have allergies and we don't have those limitations for choices, I still feel like I pack the same thing every day. My 6 year old is in kindergarten and has wanted the exact same lunch every day since September.

LittleRed80
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My older child takes reheated leftovers in a thermos sometimes.
We do a lot of homemade lunchable, too.
MumsysGirl
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here, My 4 year old child also have lots of food allergies, like Cashew, butter, and Cheese.

Dairy Foods are restricted.

I packed her my homemade burgers, milk and water. But sometimes I alternate it with some biscuits.

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

my 7yo non-food allergy kiddo, loves the same lunch everyday, lol, so I am no help but to say "does you child seem to mind?" if not, don't sweat it, you are perfect, just the way you are mothering now. 

My nut allergy kiddo could have dairy, but I would sometimes send left-over pasta with beans or veggies mixed in. Deviled eggs? Hummus w/ carrot sticks? 

Kayla00
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hes never said anything about it but sometimes I just kinda feel bad :/ Thanks for the advice!

Quoting Marti123:

my 7yo non-food allergy kiddo, loves the same lunch everyday, lol, so I am no help but to say "does you child seem to mind?" if not, don't sweat it, you are perfect, just the way you are mothering now. 

My nut allergy kiddo could have dairy, but I would sometimes send left-over pasta with beans or veggies mixed in. Deviled eggs? Hummus w/ carrot sticks? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)