Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 23 month old daughter holds the 5 week old kittens by their neck!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 4 Replies

How am I supposed to stop this??

My 23 months old daughter who will turn 2 years on the 17th of December 2014 holds the two 5 weeks old kittens by their neck.

What am i supposed to do?  I am afraid the kittens will die if he tightly holds them... NEED YOUR HELP! 

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
How do you handle it when she does it? Do you put her in a time out or yell at her. She could easily break their necks or suffocate them. They should be somewhere that she can not get access to them.
Marti123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:48 PM

In my opinion, I am sorry but I think leaving a 23 month old around such small animals is much like leaving her around unattended electrical sockets or ropes. It is not safe. Can you lock up the kittens or babygate them away from her? 

She needs A LOT more positive role modeling as she has most likely not seen people hold baby animals and most likely does not have the fine motor skills developed to be as gentle as she needs to be, to safely handle kittens without someone right next to her.

MumsysGirl
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:56 PM

What you should do is stay away your daughter with the kittens, put the kittens where your daughter can't go near.

Bieg9093
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 9:37 PM

You're right.  They will die.  Or worse, become crippled.  You're going to have to stop her from doing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)