Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing Mommy Support

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 50 Replies
I found out on the 26th I am pregnant with my 2nd child. I have not yet told my boyfriend. I'm having trouble even finding happiness about it all I can seem to do b is cry and when I'm not crying I want to cry. Mainly because I have a 2.5 year old daughter. Its been pretty much just Her and I her whole life. I met my boyfriend and he has 2 older boys 11 and 9. I keep looking at my daughter feeling heartbroken that it'll never be just her and I anymore and I don't want that. I used to think I wanted 3 or 4 kids now I'm terrified and feel terrible that I don't want to have another baby I'm not done spoiling my baby I have...I feel so sad hurt and confused
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this

First congratulations on the new baby coming. It's always a nervous feeling when you are about to have another baby, no matter how many children you have already. Your mind starts racing on how am I going to handle another kid and what if there is not enough time to give to my other children but eventually everything will work itself out.

Now I would focus on just building memories with your daughter and preparing her to be a big sister (at least as much as you can prepare her). Trust me there is more then enough love inside of you for both children.

hugs

BulmaBrief
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! It is hard going from one LO to two. You wonder how you will love both of them, spend the quality time with each of them, spoil them. It works out. There is enough love and time. Take a breath, tell your bf, and enjoy the time with your DD.
Madelaine
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed

Quoting natural_s:

First congratulations on the new baby coming. It's always a nervous feeling when you are about to have another baby, no matter how many children you have already. Your mind starts racing on how am I going to handle another kid and what if there is not enough time to give to my other children but eventually everything will work itself out.

Now I would focus on just building memories with your daughter and preparing her to be a big sister (at least as much as you can prepare her). Trust me there is more then enough love inside of you for both children.

hugs

mikesmom65270
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I agree!  This will be an adjustment and right now the uncertainty may seem overwhelming, but you will do fine.  Even with the new baby, you can still make special time for the older girl and you can involve her with the baby by having her help, etc.

Quoting BulmaBrief: Congrats! It is hard going from one LO to two. You wonder how you will love both of them, spend the quality time with each of them, spoil them. It works out. There is enough love and time. Take a breath, tell your bf, and enjoy the time with your DD.

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM
I agree with all of the above. Congratulations and Good Luck.
timon95
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM

this.

Quoting BulmaBrief: Congrats! It is hard going from one LO to two. You wonder how you will love both of them, spend the quality time with each of them, spoil them. It works out. There is enough love and time. Take a breath, tell your bf, and enjoy the time with your DD.

family car

AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I was super upset when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. Mostly because my oldest two children were so close together that I felt like I was robbing my son. They are 13 months apart. Although I was upset and nervous they turned out to be the best of friends. Now they are 8 and 9 years old and I am very happy that I have both ofvthem. Your daughter will still always be your first and that holds a special place but you will love the next one just as much once you get used to the idea.
timon95
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM

dd will be 3 by the time the next one comes along and she wiill become a big help. to help transition ds for when dd would come (he was on 1.5) I bought him a doll to sit in the carriage or swing so he would get used to someone else being in his stuff. he is agreat older brother and was really good with her when she came.

DinaBena27
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM
First of all congratulations on the news and just tell your boyfriend and let this pregnancy all blow over because in the end after you gone through all 9 months that baby is going to bring your family closer.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Oh Mama I get it! I've felt some of that each time we've added another. But in the end it's what you make it. I mean, instead of seeing the baby as a sort of intruder who is going to change everything, try to think of it as another tiny human to love. Yes, everything will change but change doesn't have to be a bad thing. Keeping big sister involved will help a lot as well as giving her as much one on one time as possible. This will let her know she's still loved just as much and isn't being replaced by the new baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)