• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep routine

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have a son (Viktor) who is 18 1/2 months old and I really need some help getting a sleep routine for him. He sleeps 10hrs a night so I don't want him to go to bed super early. Like 9ish would be great cause we usually are up by 7. If I put him to bed too early he still sleeps only 10 hrs
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Does he still nap? Maybe push his nap later so he goes to bed later.

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Does he nap and if so for how long?

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM
Dd is 20 months. We eat at five. Snack at 7/30. I let her watch cartoons from 8-830. I brush and floss her teeth while she watches cartoons. Then we read a book and I lay her down at 830.
Alifarrow
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:48 PM
On a good day he'll take a nap at 1230 and sleep 2 hrs. That being only nap. On a bad day it's and 1 1/2 in late morning. Then 1 1 1/2 late afternoon. On the days he has two he HAS to have two or he is a little monster
Luke8212013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Have him e in bed at the same time each night. Doesn't matter what time if the day my son naps, sometimes he naps 45 minutes so times it's three hours, sometimes morning and sometimes afternoon. We eat dinner at 6 when his dad gets home, we clean up, then he plays with his dad for a little bit, he gets a bath and brushes his teeth and he goes into his crib by 7:30. I think consistency is key, moving around and pushing back bedtimes might be messing with him. It will probably take a while to institute a new routine. 

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Hmmm... I always wanted my kids in bed earlier than 9, so I'm not sure what to tell you about pushing the bedtime back. Though I like a previous posters idea of pushing naptime back to help adjust bedtime. Good luck!

Gabbysmom615
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:26 PM

sometimes naps wll hurt you in the long run!! shorten the nap time

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:32 PM
I agree with adjusting his nap.
aneela
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:31 PM

yeah shorten the naps

timon95
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:52 PM

if putting him to bed at 9 works for you then do that. start his routine at 8 with a story and brushing his teeth, have him in his crib between 8:30 and 9 and hopefully by 9 he will be asleep. if he wakes up earlier then maybe he will entertain himself in his crib for a bit. cut down his napping time and maybe he will sleep longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)