Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Can I Use Your Bathroom?"

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have you ever been out and about and your potty training or newly potty trained toddler needed to use the bathroom, prompting a mad dash for the nearest public toilet only to be completely grossed out by the lack of cleanliness?

A lot of people prefer NOT to use a public bathroom or take their children to one for this very reason. Well if you are among those who don't want to use a PUBLIC bathroom, now you don't have to.

There is an app called AirPNP and it allows you to find a clean bathroom no matter where you are. Here is the tagline from their site:

AIRPNP

Find a clean, comfortable bathroom no matter where you are.

Airpnp gives you access to a ton of restrooms all over the planet. Whether you’re just out and about, at a big event, or need to find a place to go in a new city we’ve got you covered.

Basically people can sign up and offer their bathroom for 'rent' or public use for a fee. They post a picture and description of their bathroom and you can use your locator on your smart phone to search for the nearest and most comfortable bathroom to use.

If you were out and about and your toddler needed to use the bathroom, would you use this app to find a restroom and pay someone to use their listed bathroom?

or

Would you list your bathroom for public use?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I always have potty liners with me when I am out with my DD. I don't like public restrooms but as long as I'm prepared, I'd stick to them rather than a strange place.

JTE11
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. I carry germ-killing wipes and a travel potty seat. If I wipe the toilet seat off before I put our travel (fold-up) seat on top of it then DD never touches the public toilet. We wash our hands before we leave and if we're very concerned then we use a paper towel to open the door. I have no need to find some kind of pristine bathroom, and I definitely wouldn't be advertising mine online.

XOXOnBubbles
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I don't like public restrooms, but would prefer that over using one in a stranger's home.  You never know what kind of weirdos you will run into.  And I would NEVER list my restroom.  I don't want strangers coming into my home to use the bathroom.  The safety of my family comes first.  

When you carry things like wipes, travel Lysol spray, and hand sanitizer with you, it is possible to make a dirty public bathroom work if needed.  

I always had a portable potty seat in my van when my kids were potty training.  It was one you could put a gallon size ziplock bag in to catch stuff (I would toss a maxi pad in there too so liquid wouldn't slosh around).  These were great for trips to the park, long car trips, etc. too.  

shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM

I think I'll just stick with public restrooms if need be. 

wiccanlove92
by Member on Jan. 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Id rather just use the public restroom. I have to use the one at my job enough that it doesnt even really phase me anymore unless there is a huge mess that maintenance hasnt gotten around to cleaning yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)