Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My three year old and her smart mouth

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:55 PM
  • 26 Replies
Okay so here recently my daughter has started up with an attitude problem. I have no clue why she has all of a sudden just started talking to me crazy...she yells at me and talks down to me and this has now been Goin on for a couple days...she even blames me sometimes for the reason why she yells at me
her biological dad isn't in her life but my boyfriend of now almost a year has been in her life this whole time and she really respects him but with me idk if it's just her going through a rough stage or what but she had me crying last night. She is really a good kind hearted kid but her attitude has gotten out of control...does anyone else deal with this problem? I need help I do plenty of dixie line but it's like it's not even affecting her. ....
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:46 PM
My 4 year old is the same way. Her biggest thing right now when she is mad at me. Don't talk to me Mom. My 2 year old does some because she hears her sister.

Emmalynnsmom11
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Mine will argue until she gets the last word in...poor thing is just like me but has her bio dad's temper which might i add is horrible...

Quoting SophiaKsMom: My 4 year old is the same way. Her biggest thing right now when she is mad at me. Don't talk to me Mom. My 2 year old does some because she hears her sister.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:27 PM
I understand. It gets frustrating at times. I think the biggest thing is testing boundaries.

Quoting Emmalynnsmom11: Mine will argue until she gets the last word in...poor thing is just like me but has her bio dad's temper which might i add is horrible...

Quoting SophiaKsMom: My 4 year old is the same way. Her biggest thing right now when she is mad at me. Don't talk to me Mom. My 2 year old does some because she hears her sister.

Gabbysmom615
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:55 AM
oh do I know that feeling well my 3 year old some days get to the point to where I want to take her mouth up with that tape Vegas to be that bad but I'm still trying to be firm keep my cool let her know what the symptoms along with not acceptable just have to keep working at it
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like she turned into a "threenager". It's crazy how a sweet little three year olds can turn into a mini teenager over night! She's testing you, be firm, and let her know you're her mother and she doesn't get to talk to you like that.
LaniBee
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Both of my girls went through a smarty mouth phase. I think they were about 3 or 4. It seemed to come on all of a sudden. I guess it got better. Then they were teenagers ...

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Dixie line? What's that?

I would not go to her level, don't let her feed off your enotion. Be strong and constant. Show her this is not acceptable. Time outs, losing privlages, losing favorite toys.
Emmalynnsmom11
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:01 AM
Lol my not so smart phone auto corrected discipline to dixie line.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Dixie line? What's that?

I would not go to her level, don't let her feed off your enotion. Be strong and constant. Show her this is not acceptable. Time outs, losing privlages, losing favorite toys.
Emmalynnsmom11
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Thank you all so much I'm glad to hear someone else's children have gone through this lol...
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Haha darn auto correct ..... I was thinking I was out of touch with something new lol.

Quoting Emmalynnsmom11: Lol my not so smart phone auto corrected discipline to dixie line.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Dixie line? What's that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)