Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd bday in 2 weeks, no idea on plans!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:49 AM
  • 27 Replies
I just realized that my DS2's bday is in 2 weeks and I have nothing planned! I have no idea what to do this year! The last 2 years I rented a room at Round Table pizza. All the kids were still little so it was easy to deal with. But this year they are all gonna want to be running around like crazy 3 year olds do. I'm just lost at the moment. Is it sad that at this moment I'm thinking of just not having a party for him? But I'm sick right now so nothing sounds fun. Ugh!
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Minimonsters
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:06 AM
Not at all. I've done a big party or my sons 1st 2nd and 3rd. It's loads of stress preparing and last year not that many people came anyway it felt like a big waste of money we were eating party food for a week. This year I think we're just gonna do a fun family outing and a mini party with immediate family I'll start the big parties again once he's at school and he's got loads of friends to invite. He's only little don't kill yourself doing a party when your not feeling up to it x
janessa27
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:31 AM

We usually take our kids to a bounce place a few days before their birthdays then just have a small get together with close family at our house. Once they get in school then we usually do parties at the skating rink or rent a bounce for the back yard.

Madelaine
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Maybe just a quiet party at home with family?

batjmom
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:53 AM
How about a small family party
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:25 AM

This is what I was thinking too.

Quoting Madelaine:

Maybe just a quiet party at home with family?

delanna6two
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

We mostly always take this option....hope something works out...

Quoting batjmom: How about a small family party

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:48 AM
My 3 year old didn't have a party this year. We had a nice dinner, made him a cool cake, had a big balloon and presents and he loved it.
Shyndi
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:54 AM

How about just you do something small? Maybe only your kids, you and hubby? Ive had to do that before. Good luck! 

Gabbysmom615
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM

this is what i do every year, i call the closest family members cake ice cream presents sometime fruit platter and thats that

goddess99
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Is there a local park you can have it at? Free and the kids can run and play on all the equipment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)